Couple of ?'s

Options
I've come to the conclusion that I am not a calorie counter--there is just something about it that makes me feel prickly and uneasy. I've tried. I have fun adding my food, it's kind of like a game for me--but I really don't get it. Maybe it's that I don't like big number--they make my head spin. Maybe that's why the program with the points works for me (small numbers happy Stac) Does anyone else have a calorie counting disorder?

The other question: I was wondering if and what type of supplements people take?

Replies

• stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I am not a calorie counter--there is just something about it that makes me feel prickly and uneasy. I've tried. I have fun adding my food, it's kind of like a game for me--but I really don't get it. Maybe it's that I don't like big number--they make my head spin. Maybe that's why the program with the points works for me (small numbers happy Stac) Does anyone else have a calorie counting disorder?

The other question: I was wondering if and what type of supplements people take?
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I take Double X - NEVER NEVER NEVER get food cravings. If I forget, I have tons, but with Double X - never get that.... I think they sponsored 5 gold medal winners in the olympics.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I pretty much count calories obsessively..I've been doing in since Jan of 2007, with the exception of this summer when I couldn't, and it was AWFUL. So you could say I have a disorder. :ohwell:

I take soy protein sometimes, and a thyroid health supplement which is basically just a lot of vitamin B and some iodine, and a multivitamin with green tea extract and EGCG. I have taken non-stimulant diet pills in the past, but they're mostly junk, so I don't waste my money anymore.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm horrible with numbers, but I'm not counting, the MFP program is, so its all good. I like things that work and this does. I don't take any supplements but I am considering calcium, because no matter how much yogurt I eat I never seem to be getting enough.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    After all the years of training on supplements, I have to say: "PLEASE SUPPLEMENT!" Just be sue if you are going to do this that you use a high quality, whole foods, organic supplement so you don't get shafted. No sense in paying for generic bedpan bullets
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Hey stacystar~ here's the deal... if you don't count calories in, and calories burned... then ya CAN'T plan on what to do next! Really!:glasses: When I started this journey 6 weeks ago, I couldn't have given a hoot about counting calories.:grumble: What a bore.... I mean who cares... I know what I'm doing right! :angry: Ummmm, errrr.... is that why I'm 60+ pounds overweight?! :noway:

Well derling, the truth of it is that unless you honestly quantify it... in other words, put in real numbers, you will never be in control of yourself. The *only* way I could FINALLY get control over this area of my life was to buck up, and log each and everything I ate! Period. No exceptions. BUT... then I *also* logged all my exercise calories as well! OMG, it's like so totally awesome to be able to see, at a glance, where I am, at any point, in my day! By being responsible to myself, and logging BOTH calories consumes, and burned, wowzer! Now I can make informed decisions as to what I can eat, and what to do as well. Really baby, if yopu log both, just for one week, you can see *exactly* what you need to do! :flowerforyou:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey stacystar~ here's the deal... if you don't count calories in, and calories burned... then ya CAN'T plan on what to do next! Really!:glasses: When I started this journey 6 weeks ago, I couldn't have given a hoot about counting calories.:grumble: What a bore.... I mean who cares... I know what I'm doing right! :angry: Ummmm, errrr.... is that why I'm 60+ pounds overweight?! :noway:

Well derling, the truth of it is that unless you honestly quantify it... in other words, put in real numbers, you will never be in control of yourself. The *only* way I could FINALLY get control over this area of my life was to buck up, and log each and everything I ate! Period. No exceptions. BUT... then I *also* logged all my exercise calories as well! OMG, it's like so totally awesome to be able to see, at a glance, where I am, at any point, in my day! By being responsible to myself, and logging BOTH calories consumes, and burned, wowzer! Now I can make informed decisions as to what I can eat, and what to do as well. Really baby, if yopu log both, just for one week, you can see *exactly* what you need to do! :flowerforyou:

I follow the popular program with the points--so I'm logging what goes in and exercise too--I was trying both--to seehow I liked calorie counting and I just have a hard time remember how many this has or that--but I can tell you how many points a micky d's cheese burger is (7 btw) I'm just saying that for me--it's easier for me to add little numbers and remember them that to try to think about the big ones.
    Thanks for sharing your advice--good points.
  • AdreaDawn
    Options

I know lots of girls on Soloslim, and they all really like it. I plan on starting soon, just havn't gotten to it!