Dilemma please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jozzierdgz
    jozzierdgz Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's the thing though, I haven't hit a plateau.... I'm still steadily losing weight about 1.5 lbs per week... but I've noticed that lets say today I eat 1000 cals and tomorrow 1200 and exercise I lose weight... But if I stay steadily at 1200 all week w/ exercise I gain it....
    I think our bodies just get used to a certain way. If you've been doing the 1200 cals plus 1/2 days exercise plus the usual kids and computer stuff every day, it just seems to me that your body is happy and content. IE you've hit a plateau!

The only way to get over a plateau is to change things. No point eating less, cos your body will just get used to less. And when you then eat normal, then the pounds will fly back on. So its either eating more, zig zagging cals, carb cycling and/ or exercising differently.

You need to shake things up, confuse the body into letting go again. By the way, we should shake things up every 6 weeks!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    No judging here....the simple answer to your question.

Your body has very slow metabolism. By increasing your activity level (I didn't say excercise....lol), it will help your body increase your metabolism and burn food (fuel) more effectively rather than trying to store it (because it didn't need it).
  • Eleay
    Eleay Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know if you've tried to cut out sugar and cut back on carbs. My husband got diabetes and he cut out all sugary things and ate less carbs and he lost 45 pounds in three months without exercise. I find if I'm eating less sugar/carbs, I lose easier. You can't cut sugar totally out of your diet, but can cut out concentrated sugars which make your blood sugar spike. Fruit drinks have a lot of sugar, so you have to watch those. Just look at the labels to see how much sugar is in everything. Fresh fruit is usually okay, even though it has some sugar, except that bananas and grapes have more concentrated sugar and are not as good. The best fruits for low glycemic index are any kind of berries and melons.