Body looks deflated?

Options
So I have now lost over 20lbs since starting MFP and a lot more since I had my son two years ago.

I feel, when I am fully clothed, I look okay...pretty normal. Though most of my clothes are too big on me (I am too broke to buy new stuff, an unforseen issue...probably because I didn't really believe I would ever get that far), I look at least normal.

However, underneath the clothes my body looks deflated...literally. Losing fat has changed the fullness of my chest. My belly, full of stretch marks, now just looks like saggy skin...the fat the kept in taught all gone. I'm not saying I want to go back to being fat, but I just wish there was someway to get a better shape. The chest I'll probably have to live with, but I'd love to do something about the belly. I have tried 30 day shred and other activities to tighten it up, and I feel, underneath the skin and all that, that it is tighter, but the belly isn't reflecting that. Not sure if I am making sense.

I guess I sort of feel like I look like a deflated balloon. I want to feel sexy and wonderful in my new body and it just isn't happening.

Just wanted to get that out there. been bugging me for sometime.

Replies

• lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If it is really JUST skin, then you may need to bite the bullet and have it surgically removed...
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for a tummy tuck for the same reason as you!!!
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same thing, my daughter will be 2 in July.
    My Doctor told me that the only way to get rid of mine is surgery (which i'll never be able to afford) Alot of people have told me though to just use oil Vitamin B, lotions and exfoliate your skin every week. It has helped some but my stomach still just looks like a popped balloon. =/
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    maybe try drinking more water on a daily basis- it's supposed to help with the elasticity in your skin.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into the body wraps? Some of the claim really good results - shrinking skin, healing stretch marks, cellulite, etc. I've never done it personally, but maybe you could ask around and see if any MFP'ers have. I'd be curious as to the answer.
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The sad fact is that if you may never be able to completely shrink back that skin on your own. If youhave been overweight for long time, if you loose weight very quickly, and if you lose a lot of weight there is only so much you can do.

Skin will tighten on its own to an extent over time, but surgery may be the only option to complete the transformation.

I am expecting that if I can get to around my goal weight (and stay there for 6 months or so to prove to myself the change will stick) I will have to be tightened up on my belly and probably upper arms.
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. I remember several years ago, a friend of mine showing me her post-baby belly. she had a pretty flat stomach, but at the bottom of it was an undeniable pooch. Her kids at the time were 10 and 12...she said that she finally gave it a few years earlier that nothing she could do would ever get rid of it...aside from surgery.

On me I feel like my entire belly is that way. However I have only recently lost the weight. Maybe I need to give it more time and just keep doing ab work outs, drinking lots of water and maybe trying those belly wraps.

It is just weird that when I was fat I didn't mind my body so much. I was just like "well I am overweight, of course my body is going to be less than I'd hope for." But now that I have lost weight, I guess I have bigger expectations for myself. I have never really had body image issues. I don't want to get there now, either. I just want to be healthier...and if I can look better that is the side benefit...at least that is what I need to keep telling myself.

Thanks all!