MFP on cruddy days...

Options
:grumble:

Ok. What do you do when you have a really cruddy food day? Do you log everything anyway? Do you message surf but not post? Do you avoid MFP altogether?

I've had a horrible couple (4) days and I have avoided this site like the plague. I think that is a HUGE mistake. :sad:

So, what do YOU do?

Replies

• Kaybay37
    Options
    :grumble:

Ok. What do you do when you have a really cruddy food day? Do you log everything anyway? Do you message surf but not post? Do you avoid MFP altogether?

I've had a horrible couple (4) days and I have avoided this site like the plague. I think that is a HUGE mistake. :sad:

So, what do YOU do?
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Log it anyway... Sucks, but log it. Everyone has a bad day, just don't beat yourself up.... WE NEED YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • chubbymom
    Options
    I have been so good with the working out part its the food that kills me. Even when I go over really bad...which has been a few days...I log it. I really need to crack down and get back on track food wise!
  • tzitto
    Options
    I agree, log it. Every one of us slips up. It will encourage you to do better and before you know it you will be back on track. I try to do good all week and reward myself with a day of pizza and football on Sunday where I relax and eat more than I normally would.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    LOG IT!!! The only way this site really works is if you're honest with yourself. It's painful I know...once we had a party at work and I ate 3000 calories over my normal amount by lunchtime!!! But you have to log it... It might even help you...if you see how bad you actually did...maybe you'll try to be a little more reserved next time...

We all have high calorie days...don't worry about it!! Pick yourself up and move on from there...
  • PishPish97
    Options
    I say log it. I noticed that during certain times of the month I feel like I need more calories...or even special comfort food. I don't beat myself up over the extra calories during those time sof the month. I just let them go. However if it's not that time of the month, I try to work the extra calories off over the next few days.

On a side note, I think this site should have "roll over" calories. Some days I don't eat all my calories, but then a few days later I feel like I need extra. Knowing how many I have in reserve would make my overages guilt free.
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fall on the grenade!! Everyone has bad days but we need to be honest to ourselves.

So shake it off and get back on the wagon tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    We've all been there, and will be there again! Hell, I had one of those days yesterday (pissy mood, didn't exercise, gorged on treats all night). Still, I logged it all and, while I was WAY over my goal I was still under my BMR. You should do the same to see just where you really stand; you might be surprised. Regardless, you'll at least know what the consequences are from a binger and that might help you pull up just a bit shorter next time. Every day, a new step; forward, sidestep, even backwards, at least you're still in the game. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • bridgetbdg
    Options
    I totally agree with everyone! Dont worry to much, just start fresh tomorrow and write everything down. Remember that everyone has bad days... Best of luck. :)
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    We've all been there, and will be there again! Hell, I had one of those days yesterday (pissy mood, didn't exercise, gorged on treats all night). Still, I logged it all and, while I was WAY over my goal I was still under my BMR. You should do the same to see just where you really stand; you might be surprised. Regardless, you'll at least know what the consequences are from a binger and that might help you pull up just a bit shorter next time. Every day, a new step; forward, sidestep, even backwards, at least your still in the game. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:

I couldn't agree more. I log everything right down to a mint or gum. The days I binged I really get to see the effect....the days I thought I binged and still stayed under my BMR....made me feel better and stick with this!
    :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Log it. Just like most things in life you learn from your mistakes. You can't learn from them if you pretend they don't exist. It really allows you to take back the power to put it in your diary. Often it's not as bad as you think.
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with all of you but I'm the worst. I disappear from the site for days and it gets harder and harder to get back and stay motivated. But, you all keep me coming back. :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    LOG IT!!

Own up to yourself cause that's who you're cheating when you don't to it... fear of those numbers. Honesty is the best policy, esp with yourself!!

Tomorrow will be better!!:drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Log it all !!!!
    Don't beat yourself up about it, I did that, it does nothing for your self-esteem and actually makes you do it more!
    We're all here to help - please don't ever feel you're alone - there will ALWAYS be someone on here ready to help encourage/advise/listen.

Just see it as a few days of weakness, see if you can work out what triggered it in the beginning and find ways to avoid it happening again - I come on here every day whether it's a good day or bad, it lifts my spirits every time !!! :happy:

Jackie
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I try to log most of my food, even when I've done really bad. That way at least I know how badly I've done, instead of just wondering.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Log it but even more than that--come on here and let it all out!

RANT AWAY! hissyfit8wr.gif Throw a tantrum. Get it all out!

You'll feel so much better--and we don't mind "listening."

{I've done it plenty of times!}
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I log it cause it allows me to see just where I am and where I will be if i keep it up. Guides me back on track pretty quick when i click my finish logging for the day and it says i will weigh more in 5 weeks then i do that day AHHH!! Thankfully that hasn't happened bu tone time since I have been coming to this site but it was an eye opener. Have a successful day :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    This is probably MOST IMPORTANT!!!

If you log, you just might find yourself STOPPING the insanity beFORE you've gone FOUR DAYS!!!!

Think about it. If you force yourself to log, and you're prone to having several bad days in a row, logging the food you're eating may actually SNAP YOU BACK INTO REALITY way before you do a bunch of damage to any progress you may have made. Imagine only having ONE, or TWO bad days instead of FOUR. It may help you feel more in control of your own destiny.

Hope that makes sense. It's worked for me. I know when I have even one day where I creep into 100-150 cals over, because I logged it, the next day is Sgt By-the-book.
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    Fall on the grenade!! Everyone has bad days but we need to be honest to ourselves.

So shake it off and get back on the wagon tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:

Love the analogy! :laugh:

Thanks so much, everyone. I commit to logging EVERY day and I'm gonna take you up on that venting offer, Shorerider!
  • pecksun8
    Options
    TIMBER! Log it...then you can see what the damage really is! Don't go into denial and look the other way! Face your problems and then lick em'!

Also hop on the posts and leave your thread! Sometimes you just need to let it out to feel better, or look around and just have a laugh!