Options
    :drinker:
  • ktty7000
    ktty7000 Posts: 3
    Options
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    55 by budweiser it has 55 calories wow hardly no calories has anyone tried it ? if so let me know?:drinker: :tongue:

I tried it thinking it was such a deal but when I got it home, I realized it had half the alcohol content of a regular (even light beer) so I drank twice as much and could have had a much better tasting wheat beer.

that's how they reduce the calories...they water it down like crazy. There is a "light" vodka out there that does the same thing. If I wanted a watered down drink, I'd just go to Applebee's LOL
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    mmm.. I haven't had Chimay in a while. But give me a nice big glass of Orval. Think is is about 160 for 11 oz.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Long Trail Blackberry Wheat (135 cals)
    long-trail-blackberry-wheat.jpg

Long Trail Ale (165 cals)
    longtrail.jpg

Not low in calories... but damn good... Dogfish Head Midas Touch (307 cals)
    dogfish-head-midas-touch.png
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    My new fav is Yuengling Lager - only 128 calories. Now if I could only find a way to get it in Chicago - not distributed east of Pennsylvania right now, strictly east coast beer. If you have it nearby, you have to try it.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I drink RedBridge because it's gluten free. I forget how many calories are in a bottle, if I remember correctly, it's something like 120.

Same here. It's 127 calories.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Chimay...<3
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love hoppy beers like mad and prefer them IPA. Dogfish head makes a great 90 and 120 IPA.

If I am trying to keep a cap on calories its either bud light lime or coors light.
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love hoppy beers like mad and prefer them IPA. Dogfish head makes a great 90 and 120 IPA.

If I am trying to keep a cap on calories its either bud light lime or coors light.

Deschutes has a tasty inversion IPA. Granted Deschutes has a lot of tasty beers.:drinker:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yeungling is only 120 calories for 12 oz. And it's delicious! Not sure how popular or readily available it is outside the east coast, but I'm in Virginia and it's pretty easy to find. It's got a great taste and it's not too light or watered down.

And Dogfish Head is some of my absolute favorite beers! Midas Touch is my boyfriend's favorite, and i love Aprihop and Raison D'Etre the best.
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    Yeungling is only 120 calories for 12 oz. And it's delicious! Not sure how popular or readily available it is outside the east coast, but I'm in Virginia and it's pretty easy to find. It's got a great taste and it's not too light or watered down.

And Dogfish Head is some of my absolute favorite beers! Midas Touch is my boyfriend's favorite, and i love Aprihop and Raison D'Etre the best.

Oooh - can you send some my way - j/k - enjoy. We drank it everywhere I could find it in Disney recently and we had our last one for a while at the airport before flying back to Chicago
  • kevinthenerd
    kevinthenerd Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's better to drink one delicious beer than to polish off a case of Natty Light, so I say go with something that packs enough of whatever you need in one bottle to satisfy your cravings.

Guinness is okay, but I don't know what I'd do for a Beamish right about now. I wish it was still sold in the States.
  • kevinthenerd
    kevinthenerd Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My new fav is Yuengling Lager - only 128 calories. Now if I could only find a way to get it in Chicago - not distributed east of Pennsylvania right now, strictly east coast beer. If you have it nearby, you have to try it.

Yeah, living this close to the Tampa brewery has its benefits. It's pretty popular over here, and it's usually fresh at the store. It's probably the hoppiest and tastiest beer you can get for somewhere between the price of a Busch and a Budweiser.