Ladies, when do you start to notice TOM?

Options
I'm just wondering if I'm normal....but when do you start to notice the bloat and water weight gain from TOM?? Is it a couple days before, the start of, during?? Also, when does everything get back to normal?

I notice the bloating and water weight about 4 days before TOM, and it seems to take at least a week after I end for my body to get back to normal :-( I've never really kept track before, but since I've been doing MFP for the last 3 months it's become a little nuisance I HATE!!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Im exactly the same way you are. 4 days before and week after. It sucks....LOL!
  • elgface
    elgface Posts: 35
    Options
    the body and weight change is noticeable maybe 1 day before, and gets back to normal 1 day before TOM stoppes
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep, same with me! I never really noticed the water weight gain and bloating until I started using MFP. I just started the bloating and water weight a few days ago, I'm due for TOM anytime. In fact, I was thinking it would have been here by now. Anyway, it's a huge nuisance. I wish I could go back to not noticing, lol
  • Beastiephile
    Options
    I usually don't notice until a day before or the day of. The worst part is once it's over, it's like I am bloated and disgusting for a few days after. It makes my stomach look so fat. I never really noticed this until I started MFP.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mine comes about 2 days before TOM actually comes. Then it lasts for about.... 4 days after! It's horrible. and I plateau the whole way through!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    This time, I knew the day before -- 5 pound gain with no explanation -- other than the monthly visit.

Time to recover seems to vary for me, which is frustrating. I am a compulsive weigher, so I never know when TOM's done whether I should be going back to my "normal" weight loss, or whether the fluctuations are true gain.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I start bloating about 3 or 4 days before. I am really grim and miserable and convinced I am fat for about 30 hours before. Bloating goes away on about day 3.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am about the same as you. The week before and week of show little to no loss for me :(
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The craving to eat anything in sight starts about five days before.....

The 'too tired for exercise' starts four days before....

The mood swings start about three days before....

The bloating starts two days before....

The 'Oh heck, when will I start' starts the day before...

As soon as I start it's all better. I mean to the minute....

I went over cals today - but under maint. Best I could hope for I'm afraid. Role on Tuesday.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the lucky one. I don't have and cramping or bloating or weight gain.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Since I have been on Birth Control I don't notice as early as I did before.

But when I wasn't on BC I would notice a full week before, and be bloated and want to eat everything in sight, adn be tired and mean and cranky and then about a day or so after I start everything is better. Except for cramps. THose last about three days into my TOM.

Since I have been on BC, I notice about 1-2 days before, and my cramps go away about 1-2 days after I start. I don't weigh myself so I don't really know if I gain anyweight, but I do get bloated. YUCK!

I said this in another post but I want to take a restraining order out on TOM... He can just stay away for all I care!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I start getting *****y and breakouts like 3 days before, dont see bloat unless I eat too much , I have good and bad months.
    It does take a few days to feel sane again... My hormones are wacky..