Can't eat all my calories!

Options
This has probably been covered before, if so I apologise. I am currently on 1200 calories a day. Aiming to lose 1.6/week. I just can't seem to eat all the 1200 a day plus my exercise calories!!! I mean some days, it goes to a whopping 1800++! (including exercise calories). I exercise at least 5 times a week for an hour most times, which can push it up. Sometimes, I even find myself not logging my daily walk to/fro the office which is 30minutes walk each way. I have really tried but can't seem to consume that much!!

I am obviously afraid of going into starvation mode and stalling but this hasn't happened yet....and I am losing more than anticipated every week since starting here in August.

Another thing is, am always over my Fibre allocation (which I don't think is too bad but it's constant), is this safe?

I really do need some advice. Thanks.

Replies

• hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This has probably been covered before, if so I apologise. I am currently on 1200 calories a day. Aiming to lose 1.6/week. I just can't seem to eat all the 1200 a day plus my exercise calories!!! I mean some days, it goes to a whopping 1800++! (including exercise calories). I exercise at least 5 times a week for an hour most times, which can push it up. Sometimes, I even find myself not logging my daily walk to/fro the office which is 30minutes walk each way. I have really tried but can't seem to consume that much!!

I am obviously afraid of going into starvation mode and stalling but this hasn't happened yet....and I am losing more than anticipated every week since starting here in August.

Another thing is, am always over my Fibre allocation (which I don't think is too bad but it's constant), is this safe?

I really do need some advice. Thanks.
  • Rebecca1234
    Options
    I've had trouble hitting 1200 net lately, but I think mine is due to stress.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm eating them for you :laugh: . And a few extra :mad: . How on earth do you manage? *sigh*
  • msblondy16
    Options
    I would recommend eating things that are nutritious but high in calorie density. Try eating 2 tbsp of peanut butter on a piece of bread (around 300 cal) or put some avocado on your sandwich at lunch. Bananas also have a lot of calories in them so you could try to throw some of them in there. My personal fav is a banana with peanut butter put between the two halves. Good luck!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    First, you shouldn't be on 1200 calories a day. That is a severe restriction and should only be used by those with a lot to lose. Please read these posts:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12250-1000-calorie-deficit-not-for-people-with-healthy-bmi

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20035-just-because-you-can-have-a-2-pound-per-week-goal

Second--You've got to eat all your calories! Starvation mode is well, and you will not only sabotage your weight loss but can cause damage to your body.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/777-why-is-starvation-mode-so-bad

Good luck with your continued quest for health
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    NUTS!

When I have those unwanted :noway: calories I eat almonds with seasalt. 170 cal for 24. I have this as a snack on those days I am going to work out.

I also plan for more cals on my exercise days.

Good luck!:flowerforyou: