Delicious southwestern chicken bake idea :)

Options
tasiac23
tasiac23 Posts: 48 Member
I made this for dinner tonight and it was DELICIOUS and really simple to make!!! I made a fattening version of it before, but it came out just as good this time so I thought I would share....All I used was:

4 cups cooked brown rice (2 cups uncooked)
1 can of black beans
1 16oz jar of mild chuncky salsa
chopped green onions
1 can diced tomatoes
6 chicken breast cutlets
weight watchers meixican style shredded cheese

all you do is heat a pan with a little olive oil for the chicken. I also put a little garlic salt on the chicken for some extra flavor cuz I hate bland chicken!!! Let the chicken cook through and get a little brown on both sides. I cook the rice according to package directions (except for the extra salt and butter) while I am cooking the chicken. Then, after the rice is cooked, I mix it with the beans, tomatoes, salsa, and green onions. then I put the mixture in a baking dish and set the oven to 350 degrees. When the chicken cutlests are done cooking in the pan, I just put them on top of the rice mixture and and sprinkle the cheese over it. Then, I cover it with foil and let it bake for 20 mins. After 20 mins, I take the foil off and let it bake for an extra 10 mins. After that, it's ready to be consumed!!!! :)
I was so excied that it came out good because I am always thinking of way I can make some good chicken meals since chicken really doesn't have much flavor. I hope this was useful and gave someone a good idea for dinner tomorrow or sometime this week :))

Replies

• ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    sounds yummy & like something everyone in this house would eat luckily
  • nmterp
    nmterp Posts: 74
    Options
    bump
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Yumm!!! I'm going to try this. Thanks!
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'm always looking for chicken dishes!
  • BonJoviGirl
    BonJoviGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds great! I'm gonna give it a try!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    wow. this looks sooo good.thanx for sharing
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    This might get made next week!! I LOVE salsa in EVERYTHING!!!!