How to stat away from the junk food ???

Gcu016
Gcu016 Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Advice to cut down on the junk good =O my problem is i get bored and start munching on bad unhealthy foods.

Replies

• lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Don't buy it or keep it in the house!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    There are low calorie junk foods. Look for the Late July brand name, I have bought a couple of bags of their chips. Of course you can't sit and eat the whole bag but if you tell yourself you're going to eat until you hit the serving limit then it becomes mind over matter. I was a bag of Doritos in one sitting kind of guy, so if I can do it, you can too! Stay strong.
  • Well first off don't buy them... If you are a snacker (like me) buy rice cakes. There are so many different flavors now! Or try things like nuts. Yes they are high in calories but they are very good for you!
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    try the 100 calorie snacks...
  • SnuggieMeeko
    SnuggieMeeko Posts: 68 Member
    Well, it might be easy not to buy it and keep it in the house, but if you are like me by day two or three you are craving it. Anything with sugar looks great, lets face it sugar is like a drug. I love peanut butter and will take a piece of toast with peanut butter and that helps me currently.

But a few years ago I did a diet where I lost 50 pounds and I bought a bag of those lolipops with the tootsie lollipops and each night I would allow myself ot have one. Only one! They last awhile if you don't chew them and by the time I finished one (Maybe 30 mins later) the craving was over and I was fine again. I felt good because I'd only lost under 100 cals from the lollipop, but don't quote me I don't remember how many cals they have.

I'm sure you could use any hard candy or small candy and it would work. But for me I couldn't use the small chocolate bars as they were gone in a matter of seconds and it hadn't been enough time to take away my craving and I still wanted more. This does take will power!
This discussion has been closed.