night eating

Options
Help please, i am back to fighting my urge to binge at night. It is awful. I was doing well with it until the night before last and i actually drove to mcdonalds at 2 A M and ate a double cheeseburger fries and a coke. GEEZ! Now i am so upset with myself and having a hard time. last night i did it again only not as bad, I ate turkey meatballs at midnight. Not good but not as bad as the mcdonalds.This has been a pattern of mine thru every weight loss plan i ever tried. I got up this morning and made myself eat some bran cereal and skim milk for breakfast. I am sitting here telling myself to get up and exercise now to get my metabolism going. I am feeling sluggish again from lack of exercise i haven't went to curves for 3 days. What is with the self sabotage?? I know i have to quit obssessing over not eating at night cause it makes me do just that. Its like i talk myself into it with some stupid justification about how i didn't have time to eat a decent dinner so its ok to eat in the middle of the night and its not. I know that no one can do this for me, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am getting very disgusted with myself. i feel like i always start off strong and then boom here i am back to same old sh**ty eating and old habits. I don't want that this time i want to develop and KEEP good eating habits. i am so depressed over this i just wanna go back to bed and stay there. this sucks. I don't usually feel this way but for some reason i do this time.Not to mention i feel like crap from putting that fatty food in my body, i am not used to it anymore and don't want to get used to it I did weigh and i am down a couple more lbs by a miracle but i know i will gain it all back if i don't get some help now. You all are great so this was my first stop this morning Thanks for listening to my rant. i wish u a successful day. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Help please, i am back to fighting my urge to binge at night. It is awful. I was doing well with it until the night before last and i actually drove to mcdonalds at 2 A M and ate a double cheeseburger fries and a coke. GEEZ! Now i am so upset with myself and having a hard time. last night i did it again only not as bad, I ate turkey meatballs at midnight. Not good but not as bad as the mcdonalds.This has been a pattern of mine thru every weight loss plan i ever tried. I got up this morning and made myself eat some bran cereal and skim milk for breakfast. I am sitting here telling myself to get up and exercise now to get my metabolism going. I am feeling sluggish again from lack of exercise i haven't went to curves for 3 days. What is with the self sabotage?? I know i have to quit obssessing over not eating at night cause it makes me do just that. Its like i talk myself into it with some stupid justification about how i didn't have time to eat a decent dinner so its ok to eat in the middle of the night and its not. I know that no one can do this for me, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am getting very disgusted with myself. i feel like i always start off strong and then boom here i am back to same old sh**ty eating and old habits. I don't want that this time i want to develop and KEEP good eating habits. i am so depressed over this i just wanna go back to bed and stay there. this sucks. I don't usually feel this way but for some reason i do this time.Not to mention i feel like crap from putting that fatty food in my body, i am not used to it anymore and don't want to get used to it I did weigh and i am down a couple more lbs by a miracle but i know i will gain it all back if i don't get some help now. You all are great so this was my first stop this morning Thanks for listening to my rant. i wish u a successful day. :flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am not really sure what to say that will help you. Have you tried logging in those calories first before you eat them and see how much they are. And then try to think that you are not actually burning those calories off because you will be sleeping. Do you always stay up that late at night? IF you need to eat something late at night try to see if you can find some type of healthy snack. I know healthy isnt really the comfort food that you want but its either that or feeling the way that you did,

Connie
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Our minds can really be tricky things can't they. I think you hit the nail on the head with the self-sab. As I was reading your entry, I saw things that are way to familar. I think you might want to ask yourself some really hard questions (okay the questions are not hard, it the answers that are normally harder to face) Figure out what it is that is eating you and beat it down so it is no longer an issue.