New App for Food Additives

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
First, let me start by saying I don't even own a smart phone, so I can't personally vouch for this app. However, if you're ever wondering just how bad (or not) that food additive is that's on the label, this might come in handy. I'll quote the article verbatim:

"The Center for Science in the Public Interest has released its first app for iPhones and Android-based smartphones. "Chemical Cuisine" provides the latest information about all the common food additives, and rates their risks to the entire population or vulnerable groups. One reviewer, AndroidGuys, said, "give yourself a real wake-up call with Chemical Cuisine." Download the app for just 99 cents from iTunes or the Android Market."

The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is the non-profit health-advocy group that publishes Nutrition Action Healthletter. CSPI mounts educational programs and presses for changes in government and corporate policies. Founded in 1973, it advocates honest food labeling and advertising and safer and more nutritious foods. CSPI's wpork is supported by the Healthletter subscribers and foundation grants. CSPI accepts no government or industry funding. The Healthletter, first published in 1974, accepts no advertising.

I love this magazine and the CSPI in general. Maybe this app will be useful to some of you. Best wishes!

Replies