9/11 - 7 years! You are in my prayers!

Options
Just wanted to send a prayer to all those that were and are still affected by this day.

I remember it very clearly (was living on Long Island at the time and saw the smoke and heard of all the people in my town and the surrounding towns that were lost).

I still live in the suburbs of NYC and though 7 years have passed.... all of you that were lost are not far from my thoughts.

Lots of love to you!
-Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to send a prayer to all those that were and are still affected by this day.

I remember it very clearly (was living on Long Island at the time and saw the smoke and heard of all the people in my town and the surrounding towns that were lost).

I still live in the suburbs of NYC and though 7 years have passed.... all of you that were lost are not far from my thoughts.

Lots of love to you!
    -Tami
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    In loving memory of ALL that lost their lives and loved ones & for the lives that are forever changed....:flowerforyou:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I remember where i was when i heard the news too... in my tiny appartment with my kids and my friend called me and ssaid turn on the tv .... i did and thats when the second plane hit ... then the towers collapsed.... i watched tv all day that day and held my kids close!! That was a sad sad day:frown:
    :heart: to those lost and their families
    jackie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went to NYC last week to commemorate the day.

A prayer for all our countrymen who died needlessly.

And for those who were left behind. :flowerforyou:
  • bricker06
    Options
    I cant believe it has been seven years , it seems like yesterday. I live in Wsconsin so I only saw what was on tv. I cant even imagine what it must have been like to actually be ther. Such a devastating disaster. I will be sure to keep all of you in my prayers.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

Such a sad sad day....here in Northern Nj they are having a little memorial service tonight in the next town over from where I live
    It's such a dark, cool, cruddy day today....I remember 7 years ago how beautiful the weather was....

:(

Kim
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :heart: yes this day seven years agao i think open alot of our eyes, i know i feel different about some things , you just dont know when someone or something will be taken from you by natural or unnatural things,, keep your loved ones close:heart::flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey

Such a sad sad day....here in Northern Nj they are having a little memorial service tonight in the next town over from where I live
    It's such a dark, cool, cruddy day today....I remember 7 years ago how beautiful the weather was....

:(

Kim
    I remember that too! That perfect Indian Summer day. I know NJ lost a lot of people too! It was such a horrible day!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I remember holding my then infant daughter & just sobbing. What a horrific day. :brokenheart:

wtcplane2crash2.jpg

PLANE2PREHITNORthTOWER.JPG

flagRraising.jpg
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I was in school actually that day and they played the whole thing over and over on tv...watching the 2nd plane hit was so terrifying...going from freak accident to terrorist attack :( I remember being glued to the tv for months just waiting for something else horrible to happen...scary stuff.
    God Bless America :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    As someone living in Michigan and not knowing anyone personally injured or killed on that terrible day, I am probably one of the least affected Americans by this....but I am thinking and praying for all who lost their lives and the ones left behind. Anytime I see anything about it I get choked up and feel such regret and sadness.

God bless all of our military men and women and their families separated from them while they fight for our freedom :heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    911.gif
  • ShanIsRad
    Options

Lots of love to you!
    -Tami
    I live in Staten Island, and my high school was pretty much on the water (but facing Brooklyn), so all I could see was smoke. I remember it so vividly, it was my 4th day of my FRESHMAN year and my friends and I were just terrified of what was going on. I was in my first period Biology class when the planes hit, and in Global History when we found out. And being worried about my cousin and family friends because they all worked in the city, but thankfully, I didn't lose anyone. But my parents work with people that lost their spouses, some of who I did know. This is, and probably always will be, a very strange day for me.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I played hookie that day from school. I couldn't sleep that night and was too exhausted to move that morning and convinced my dad to let me stay home. I was just getting to sleep when he yelled in that stern "daddy voice" to come downstairs now.... I remember being so pissed off and thinking he was going to make me go to school anyway and then I rounded the corner and saw the TV. I have to say it took a while to hit me and for the realization to set it. But I remember that moment vividly. Prayers to all who were affected, directly or indirectly! :heart: :flowerforyou:

What a heartbreaking day. I thought about it the whole way to work and Alan Jacksons "Where were you (when the world stopped turning)" came on as well.
  • Juliebean
    Options

Lots of love to you!
    -Tami
    I live in Staten Island, and my high school was pretty much on the water (but facing Brooklyn), so all I could see was smoke. I remember it so vividly, it was my 4th day of my FRESHMAN year and my friends and I were just terrified of what was going on. I was in my first period Biology class when the planes hit, and in Global History when we found out. And being worried about my cousin and family friends because they all worked in the city, but thankfully, I didn't lose anyone. But my parents work with people that lost their spouses, some of who I did know. This is, and probably always will be, a very strange day for me.

I was taking my first math exam of my freshman year in college. One of the girls in the class came in and told everyone what had happened and I freaked out. I have family who worked in DC and at the Pentagon and was a nervous wreck until I could talk to them. That was one exam I didn't care that I failed, I was just happy to get out of class and call my family!

To those who weren't as lucky as I was to have family unharmed, you're in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My thoughts, prayers, and love go out to all those affected by this tragedy. :brokenheart:

I remember exactly where I was on this day 7 years ago. My daughter Natalie was just learning to walk, and I was holding her and looked at the TV just as the second plane hit the World Trade Center.
    I was horrified and shocked and I just burst into tears. I was sad for all those lost and sad that I had brought a child into a world where people were capable of such terrible things.

As the days wore on, I became angry and wanted to go after the a**holes who did this. I attempted to join the military but I was rejected as physically unfit because of my migraine headaches...I was ready and willing to put boot to *kitten* for my country.

May all the lost never be far from our minds, and may nothing like this ever happen again. God bless everyone, and God bless America.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I remember holding my then infant daughter & just sobbing. What a horrific day. :brokenheart:

Me too! My dd was born in March of '01 so she was 6 months old. I'll never forget turning on the tv and seeing the news. :noway: My other dd was 2 1/2 years old and I remember her coming over and comforting me and asking if I was ok. :sad: I can't believe it's been 7 years!

Jess
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I don't think it truly matters where you live, we were all affected in many and different ways. This was a watershed moment that none of us will ever forget. Prayers for all the families that were affected, and also for all of us as Americans.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    How deep it really feels.

Just today I was in my car all alone and was driving through a small town of Bridgewater, MA.

I just happened to be in the cernter near the town hall. Police stopped the cars while the gathering of civilian, police & fireman had their moment of silence

. As I watch the ceremony, tears ran down my face. I thought how deep that wound is to us as Americans. That seven years I still feel the pain we all had that day.

Let us never forget those who have died and those who are still dying for our Country,

The United States of America
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i just put my flag out.....

i was on my way out the door to the base commissary with my 10 month old granddaughter, when DH called and said turn on the TV. needless to say i didn't make it to the commissary that day.
    my son was in the navy at the time and it was at least a month before i heard from him after that. he couldn't call or anything for awhile.

all are in my prayers.

chipper