BolderBoulder 10k!

Options
whiskyzee
whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
It's almost here! Any other MFP-ers running with me? I'm in one of the jog waves, looking to finish in 70-80 minutes.

After which, I will drink my weight in free Horizon chocolate milk samples at the Boulder Creek Festival. Hooray!

P.S. If the mysterious person who runs it in the gorilla suit happens to be on here: you are my hero. And insane. Good work!

Replies

• NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Based on the workouts I see you post on my news feed, I'm sure yer gonna kick butt when the time comes to run this. :wink:
  • LindseyMarie
    Options
    I've thought about it, but after a car accident 2 months ago I don't think a 10K is in my range yet... a 5K maybe!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Good luck - sounds like a fun race! One of my goals is to run a 5-10K in every state, and I'm going to put this one on my list :-)
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to stop in and wish you luck! I also live in Colorado and admire all those who run in that race! Have a wonderful time!:smile:
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    Thanks, all!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I will be there! However, we're in a jog/walk wave...I think our wave leaves around 9:15'ish. Have fun!! (I know WE will!)
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    I'll be rooting for you from Denver :drinker: Maybe one day...I ran a 5K in City Park last week, and need to work on my form...ended up with sore shins and a cramp...so I need to start slow!!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm not running it,but one of my coworkers is. :-)
  • LindseyMarie
    Options
    I DID IT!! I ended up running the 10K and ran it in 66:15! SO HAPPY, thats an 11min mile average!! I(I walked some, and ran some! Was in the Military wave)! I never ever thought I'd do it, but I did! :D

There was so much humor along the way I couldn't help laughing,... and when I ran into the CU stadium I choked up! hah! I went with a friend and it was an incredible experiance!
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    yay!