The title is a little silly, but...

Options
http://health.yahoo.net/articles/mens-health/in-defense-of-a-daily-doughnut

I actually concur with this article, even though the title sounds so silly...

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Just to quote the artice:

"Why Do Some People Feel Guilty?

They’re called Catholics."

I lol'd. And of course I wholeheartedly agree with not holding any kind of guilt for any food intake. Moderation and whatnot.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I agree too. I usually save some calories each day for a piece of chocolate or some sort of "treat'. I'm not so good at the restricting completely thing...
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think there is quite a bit of merit to this--from past experience I know all or nothing doesn't work so this time around I am not choosing to make anything forbidden--just using portion control.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Read this today too. If we look at our way of eating as a lifestyle this makes so much sense!

Thanks for the post.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh I know, I read this article too, thinking from the title it was going to tell me doughnuts could cure obesity or something ;). haha. I agree with the article though, never deprive yourself if you really want it, just eat it in moderation and make sure you have the calorie allowance...
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I totally agree.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great article! It always frustrates me when people in the forums here go crazy with the "you CAN'T have this" or that or anything with... or this food or that EVER again. Really? That's why we're all here. Obviously being on a "diet" didn't help any of us keep the weight off. I will eat my doughnut and I will run on the treadmill. And if I don't run tonight, I'll run tomorrow night and not beat myself up about it. Lifestyle modification. Not diet. Moderation is a wonderful thing :)
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Dang you, now I want a freakin doughnut. :sad:

Maybe I will send hubby to get me one.... or something....
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So true! I mean, I don't think I'd have a donut a DAY, but certainly if I wanted one I'd make room for it in my caloric intake!
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This was so good to read and reaffirmed thoughts I already had. I don't know about you, but I'd rather enjoy my food and stay at the same weight than not enjoy it and lose weight.