Should I count this as water?

Options
I've been using Mio, liquid water enhancer lately because its the only way I can drink water. If I drink 8 or more glasses of water with Mio, does that count as my regular serving of water each day?

Replies

• taranmisty
    taranmisty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think it does count.

7547990.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'd count it as water, but it has too many chemicals in it for my taste. Why not just squeeze some lemon or orange juice into the bottle of water? Healthier, barely any calories, and no chems.

I often take sliced strawberries and put them in a pitcher of water for a refreshing summer drink.
  • opal102029
    opal102029 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would say no. Water cleanses your system and should be drunk plain. I also do not like water but I find that I can get it down drinking it through a straw. It actually goes faster. Also, drink one bottle of water before you drink any other liquid and try your best to get it in.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    As long as all the nutritional values equal zero, then it's fine to count it as water. :]
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Counts for me :)
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    water purist will tell you no but others will tell you yes. my docter says adding crystal light to my water counts as water. mio simular. he said as long as it doesn't contain sugar, isn't soda (diet or otherwise), milk or caffinated.
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    I would think so. I too have a real hard time drinking water. I try to drink 10 c. a day, and as hard as it is, I try to make at least 4 c. just straight water, 4 c. crystal light and 2 c. of green tea.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm like you....I need flavor...I am a Crystal Light fan but I would love to try the Mio.....Some people disagree that these enhancers don't count as water, but I think you are still flushing fat and toxins, a little flavor doesn't change that...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I can't stand drinking plain water and have fallen in LOVE with the Hawaiian Punch flavor packets.
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'd say no... What helps me drink water is if it's cold. Hate drinking warm water or room temp.
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try it! It's really good.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a substitute for what plain water does for your system in terms of helping flush toxins, etc. I have even heard that drinking distilled water does an even better job of this because at the atomic level water particles are ready to bond with ANYTHING in your system to help you flush toxins out, But, if it helps you remain hydrated through the day, there will still be benefits even after adding the flavor enhancer. I would try to drink at least a couple glasses of water plain each day though.
    Just my $.02.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It counts, but that's a lot of chemicals you're drinking. Have you tried naturally enhancing your water. My fav is a few crushed mint leaves and make sure it's ice cold.