What books are you reading that are not 'health' related.

Options

Replies

• runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I have a nook and LOVE it!
    On the nook I am reading:
    Decision Points By George W. Bush
    The Stand By Stephen King (have read the paper version 6 times; unabridged)
    Strangers By Dean Koontz (have read the paper version 5 times)

Paper books:
    The Last Lecture By Randy Pausch (Just finished, have tissues near by!)
    The Sword Of Shannara By Terry Brooks

Yes, I am reading 5 books at once, drives my husband batty...lol Note: Two of the books I have read several times and just love them! Have to say I am also re-reading the last Harry Potter before the last movie comes out.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Congrats on your kindle, and wishing you many happy reading hours.

Am reading to and with my 8 year old son, and we're on the third Harry Potter book.
    I also just finished: Because They Hate, by Brigitte Gabriel.

I read the whole Potter Series to my son. I miss doing that.

My daughter got me hooked. I have my own copies now...lol My husband had finally broke down and started reading them too, he's only half a muggle now...:laugh:
  • aswearingen
    aswearingen Posts: 19
    Options
    Same Kind of Different As Me is exellent
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you would count massage and reflexology as health? But I'm reading up on massage techniques right now.
    Other books I'm reading:

Ellen Hopkins-Tricks
    To Kill a Mockingbird
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Sarah Palins book and Ive got Glenn Becks "Broke" warming up in the bullpen.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Persuasion by Jane Austen.

Oh that is my favorite of all hers!

I also recently (re-)read The Belgariad and The Mallorean series by David Eddings (the first of all these is called Pawn of Prophesy). They are high-fantasy. My son is reading A Wrinkle in Time and I am loving that with him. Going to back soon for more of the Midnight Louie series by Carole Nelson Douglas (just met her!)

Happy reading!
  • CyborgDreamSt8
    Options

The Stand By Stephen King (have read the paper version 6 times; unabridged)
    Strangers By Dean Koontz (have read the paper version 5 times)

Us, we have a little bit in common here. First of all The Stand is one of the most amazing books ever written, INHO, and then pretty much anything I have ever read from Koontz has just been good. Darn, now I wanna get back to reading more Stephen King and I am in the middle of a very long series as it is.
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    big fan of Stephen King and Dean Koontz but currently reading By Midnight by Mia James, enjoying it so far. also just finished reading night world series by L J Smith-very good :smile:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Sin in the Second City: Madams, Ministers, Playboys and the Battle for America's Soul. It is about the history of Chicago's brothels and it is really interesting so far.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Ummm Im Reading The Iron King! Iron Fey Seriessss...Im big on Young Adult Fiction!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm on "The Hidden Reality" by Brian Greene. Enjoying it very much! Next in line is "The Help". I've heard so many good reviews!
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OH!! I also recommend "the Hunger Games" series that is out!! Best books ever!!!

YES! I agree 110%. I read all three books in 6 days.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love my kindle... It's super convenient. I'm currently reading 4 books right now. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand is my favorite one on my reading list. I also subscribe to a handful of awesome blogs.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Angels and Demons. I liked The Da Vinci Code and haven't read this one yet.

I try, TRY to have a classic novel I'm reading and I've started A Tale of Two Cities about three times over the last several months, lol. The story is great, but the classic Old English is hard to get through at times, lol.
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm reading 'David Copperfield' by ****ens on classicreader.com on the iPad, and I have Jacques Pepin's autobiography at the bedside table. This summer I have to read The Sisters Grimm series because my daughters are quoting it like their own personal Monty Python and I want to know what they are talking about!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am reading several books, often for the second or third time.

Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut.
    Trainspotting - Irvine Welsh.
    Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk.
    The Jokes Over: Memories of Hunter S. Thompson - Ralph Steadman.
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have the NookColor and I love it! You can rent books from the library for free, which I love! I read so much that I don't want to have to buy them all. I've read 31 books in the last 5 months. I really loved The Help, My Sisters Keeper, Water for Elephants, books by James Patterson, Jodi Picoult, Nicholous Sparks, Stephen King...
  • nharr002
    nharr002 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading "Something On the Side" by Omar Tyree. It's a pretty interesting read. :)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    War and Peace. Seriously. I have always meant to read it and haven't got round to it 'til now.

I'm a sci fi/fantasy fan as well though and have been really enjoying the new Patrick Rothfuss series. I'd definitely recommend them.