Any Type 1's ?

Options
Hi! I've been Type 1 for a long time and am interested in getting and giving support from other Type 1s.
For most of the time I've had diabetes, I've never paid all that much attention to the number of calories I eat
- of course I have to notice mostly carb and fat grams. So, during my first week I actually lost nearly
five pounds which was way too much and reminded me how quickly I lost weight right before I was diagnosed.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody out there is Type 1 and would like to be MFP friends with me?

Hope all is well.

-Anita :happy:

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Fellow type 1 here, had it for 21 years. Always did the same as you--counted carbs instead of calories. Now trying to count both, lol. Sending you a request, there are some great type 1'ers on here that are so supportive and a wealth of info. good luck!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Losing 5 pounds the first week isn't abnormal. It's usually just water weight. I lost almost 9 in my first week. Now, I'm lucky to lose 1 a week. Good luck!
  • anitamartina
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for reaching out!
    I like your picture of your Corgie - the ones with three colors in their coats are extra special ones!
    I have a Wheaten Terrier who is a rescue from a puppy mill. His name is Arbie.
    What's your dog's name?
  • anitamartina
    Options
    Hey there! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sure you're right that the 5 pounds was mostly water weight. I lost 3 pounds this week and even though I can't explain how, I'll just be grateful.
    Wow! You've already lost 29 pounds!!! That's fantastic! You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks again.
    -Anita:smile: