Lost and now gaining

Options
:mad:

So I was off to a good start lost 17 lbs in the first two weeks and was down to 258 and then suddenly I get on the scale and am at 265 again and I'm really feeling unmotivated! Been eating under 1200 calories every day and exercising almost every day and it was so good when it was all coming off but now.... what's with this rebound of weight? I was looking forward to a steady decline after the initial drop and I can understand a pound or two but this is 7 pounds!!! Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• annekejohnson
    annekejohnson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :mad:

So I was off to a good start lost 17 lbs in the first two weeks and was down to 258 and then suddenly I get on the scale and am at 265 again and I'm really feeling unmotivated! Been eating under 1200 calories every day and exercising almost every day and it was so good when it was all coming off but now.... what's with this rebound of weight? I was looking forward to a steady decline after the initial drop and I can understand a pound or two but this is 7 pounds!!! Anyone else have this issue?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    If you are eating under 1200 calories, and exercising, you aren't eating enough. Your metabolism has probably slowed down and gone into starvation mode, making your body hold onto the calories it does take in. Eat some of those calories you earn through exercise.:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight, drink lots of water or green tea this week and I bet it will go a way.