Has anyone read these books?

Options
Hey everyone! I just joined MFP on Monday and I can tell that it's gonna be a big help, along with all the new friends I've made to help encourage and motivate me towards my weight loss. Last year for my birthday I got a book called "You, the Owner's Manual" and it's by Dr. Oz. Has anyone read it? If so, did it help? I also just got another book given to me, "The Best Life Diet" by Bob Greene. I'm looking forward to reading them, but just wondered if anyone else had and what their thoughts were on them.

Replies

• michelegrayson
    Options
    I own both books and I think they both contain valuable information that you can use. Dr. Oz's take is humorous but he simplifies how things work in our bodies at a level the layman can understand. Bob Greene's book has good advice as well though I thinked I kind of just skimmed it. However, I do refer to it for healthy recipes!

Hope this helps.
  • CyborgDreamSt8
    Options
    I had never heard of them until I read your post, but after perusing the amazon page for the book I find myself quite intrigued. I think I might try to buy that little book, it seems quite interesting.