Mmmm I smell donuts....

Options
SuzieQT
SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
I've been craving a donut for the past two weeks and of course this morning my supervisor pops her head around the corner and chips "Hot donuts in the conference room!" And its almost exactly time for me to eat breakfast so I'm starting to get hungry. I was tempted so I hopped on MFP to see how many calories I would lose on a donut. An original Krispy Kreme glazed donut only has 200 calories. Not too bad I thought, then I saw the 12g of fat. :noway: So somehow I resisted the temptation, which was difficult considering my supervisor always nags us to eat more of them. (She buys two or three dozen for 10 to 15 people. :mad: ) And I ate my usual oatmeal breakfast.
gold_star.jpg for me!
I'm still not sure why I'm having such bad cravings though. I ended up making a special trip to the grocery store yesterday evening for sugar free ice cream. And I've been craving rice and peanut butter like crazy too not to mention the donut cravings. Its not that time of the month and I'm not pregnant so I just dunno. Hopefully my willpower will remain strong!

Replies

• SuzieQT
    Options
    I've been craving a donut for the past two weeks and of course this morning my supervisor pops her head around the corner and chips "Hot donuts in the conference room!" And its almost exactly time for me to eat breakfast so I'm starting to get hungry. I was tempted so I hopped on MFP to see how many calories I would lose on a donut. An original Krispy Kreme glazed donut only has 200 calories. Not too bad I thought, then I saw the 12g of fat. :noway: So somehow I resisted the temptation, which was difficult considering my supervisor always nags us to eat more of them. (She buys two or three dozen for 10 to 15 people. :mad: ) And I ate my usual oatmeal breakfast.
    gold_star.jpg for me!
    I'm still not sure why I'm having such bad cravings though. I ended up making a special trip to the grocery store yesterday evening for sugar free ice cream. And I've been craving rice and peanut butter like crazy too not to mention the donut cravings. Its not that time of the month and I'm not pregnant so I just dunno. Hopefully my willpower will remain strong!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    If you're craving something that bad, sweetie, why not factor it in for a day. If you try to "will power" through it, you may end up binging on it at your first moment of weakness.

:flowerforyou: Gold star for you, though!!
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Have you ever seen the Krispy Kreme donuts being glazed...? The glaze comes out almost in a waterfall... and looks like... well, something I don't want on a donut! :laugh: Seriously. Ruined the plain glazed donuts for me.
  • SuzieQT
    Options
    Have you ever seen the Krispy Kreme donuts being glazed...? The glaze comes out almost in a waterfall... and looks like... well, something I don't want on a donut! :laugh: Seriously. Ruined the plain glazed donuts for me.

lol I can't even begin to imagine what that would look like. :laugh:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    GOOD for you!!!! My willpower is about at a negative 100 after last night!!! :laugh: I totally crave peanut butter as well....maybe we are missing something in our diets??? Today i am going to be strong!! Again good job on the donut resist!!!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    HOT donuts?
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "Have you ever seen the Krispy Kreme donuts being glazed...? The glaze comes out almost in a waterfall... and looks like... well, something I don't want on a donut! laugh Seriously. Ruined the plain glazed donuts for me. "

Julie...OMG.....ROTFLOL......gurl..UR BaaaaDDDD!:bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:
    Ez
  • SuzieQT
    Options
    GOOD for you!!!! My willpower is about at a negative 100 after last night!!! :laugh: I totally crave peanut butter as well....maybe we are missing something in our diets??? Today i am going to be strong!! Again good job on the donut resist!!!

I am kind of concerned that my cravings could be related to something I'm missing in my diet.... wonder what it would be though? I usually have something from all the food groups everyday. I'll have to do some research.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is something you are missing in your diet... Do you use supplements? What kind?

Also - everyone has cravings. Sometimes it is a body's reaction to needing nutrients, sometimes it is in our head (our old way of thinking). Just remember you are normal and doing the right thing. You could factor in your calories half of a Krispy Kreme (fat included) - every blue moon isn't too bad...
  • SuzieQT
    Options
    Maybe it is something you are missing in your diet... Do you use supplements? What kind?

Also - everyone has cravings. Sometimes it is a body's reaction to needing nutrients, sometimes it is in our head (our old way of thinking). Just remember you are normal and doing the right thing. You could factor in your calories half of a Krispy Kreme (fat included) - every blue moon isn't too bad...

I don't use supplements. Should I be using them? I've never been really clear on how important they are.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options

I don't use supplements. Should I be using them? I've never been really clear on how important they are.
    Uuuhhhh - YES!!! Your body will benefit greatly from them... I know a lot of people say if you are heating a healthy whole foods diet, you will get plenty of nutrients from that --- WRONG! We are, in today's society, not picking our fruits & veggies fresh from the tree or plant.

You have to remember as soon as you pick it, it begins to decompose/deteorate and the nutrients then begin to deminish. Most of the foods purchased in the grocery stores were picked weeks in advance. On top of that, most of them used pesticides and other ick in the growing process. Don't want to freek you out, but you are what you eat.

I supplement daily with a whole food, organic supplement daily. I don't get food cravings, I have plenty of energy and if I miss a day, I feel like crap. I will send you a link - if you would like. They totally help me out... :smile:
  • SuzieQT
    Options

Uuuhhhh - YES!!! Your body will benefit greatly from them... I know a lot of people say if you are heating a healthy whole foods diet, you will get plenty of nutrients from that --- WRONG! We are, in today's society, not picking our fruits & veggies fresh from the tree or plant.

You have to remember as soon as you pick it, it begins to decompose/deteorate and the nutrients then begin to deminish. Most of the foods purchased in the grocery stores were picked weeks in advance. On top of that, most of them used pesticides and other ick in the growing process. Don't want to freek you out, but you are what you eat.

I supplement daily with a whole food, organic supplement daily. I don't get food cravings, I have plenty of energy and if I miss a day, I feel like crap. I will send you a link - if you would like. They totally help me out... :smile:

I would definitely appreciate that. I never realized they were so important. Thanks so much! :flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

OMG! Don't tell BEFORE! What I can tell you is that those hot off the grill donuts are almost better than that certain activity which also finds people getting "glazed" :bigsmile: :laugh: :devil:
  • Juliebean
    Options

OMG! Don't tell BEFORE! What I can tell you is that those hot off the grill donuts are almost better than that certain activity which also finds people getting "glazed" :bigsmile: :laugh: :devil:

Bahahaha! :laugh: At least you said "almost better."
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

Bahahaha! :laugh: At least you said "almost better."
    Thhere's gotta be way to satisfy *both* needs at the same time? :devil: :huh:
  • FutureNavyWife88
    Options
    To tell you the truth, I haven't really cut anything out of my diet. The only thing I have slowed down is my soda intake. I have a terrible sweet too, and I know if I cut it all out then I will binge and that is so not a good idea. I've just been watching the calories on everything, and working on portions. I will read how much a serving is, and go with that and not eat anymore.
    I would go to like, whole foods and see if they have any donuts. They shouldn't be as bad as Krispy Cream.
    Just portion yourself, and if you slip a little bit, don't worry about it. Just do a little more excersize the next day.
    I have 60 pounds to lose, and I am trying very hard to just do it in a healthy and less stressful way.

We are all in this together, and donuts are god! lol.

:bigsmile:

OH! and according to studies, cravings to not mean you are lacking something. Just thought I'd put that in.
  • saralaisblueeyes
    Options
    as for the rice and penut butter craving you can by rice cakes with penut butter chips they are low fat and cal. and replace the d91665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journalounut with half a bagle that should supress the cravings.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats on staying strong...

I HATE food pushers...No really...I hate them.

"Just have some...What's the problem?" Grrrrrrrr....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!