Turbo Jam Calories

Options
Good Morning:tongue:
Does anyone happen to know how many calories are burned in any of the Turbo Jam workouts? I know they kick your butt....i just don't know how many cals!! I did Cardio Party 3 today and was sweating like CRAZY!!!! Good way to start the day!! Hope everyone has a great day:flowerforyou:

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Good Morning:tongue:
    Does anyone happen to know how many calories are burned in any of the Turbo Jam workouts? I know they kick your butt....i just don't know how many cals!! I did Cardio Party 3 today and was sweating like CRAZY!!!! Good way to start the day!! Hope everyone has a great day:flowerforyou:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The only way to know is to wear a heart rate monitor as it is different for everyone. next time I do it, I will wear one and let you know

Carol
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you weigh and how high you get your heart rate going. I didnt even do the whole workout today and I burned 275 calories but I am alot larger than you. I weigh 287 lbs so that is quite a difference between you and me LOL. I will burn calories easier than you. Im sorry

Connie
  • schatzi
    schatzi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam DOES kick your butt! I'm sure you know that the calories burned will depend on your current fitness, age, weight...and a bunch of other factors.:wink:

I'm 5'8" at 145 lbs and I excercise regularly. I burn roughly 300 calories in the 30 minute cardio workouts. I only found 2 TJ workout days in my excercise log (sorry that they are not broken down by DVD):

TJ Fat Blaster (30 min) & TJ Lower Body Jam (30 min) -> 492 calories burned
    TJ Cardio Party Remix (30 min) & TJ 3T (30 min) -> 566 calories burned

Hope this help!:bigsmile:

PS. CP3 makes me sweat like all get out!:bigsmile:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    THANKS TO EVERYONE!!! :flowerforyou: Maybe i should get a heart rate monitor...i hear alot about them but have never purchased one!!
    I do workout everyday, some days more intense than others, i would say my fitness level is pretty high, i stay very active.
    I would totally recommend Turbo jam to anyone!! I think i have all the dvds and they are great!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I actually just started turbo jam today. The reason why I didnt do a whole workout today is that I did Zumba last night for the first time and was so tired. I was going to take today as a day off but I just cant seem to do that yet. It is so much harder for me to get going again if I take a day off and I feel like I will gain weight if I take one off.

Connie
  • schatzi
    schatzi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Carajo - I wasn't sure if you had seen this or not . I found a rotation on Beachbody.com that includes all the TJ DVD's:

ROTATION WITH ALL TURBO JAM DVDS

WEEK 1:

1. Fat Blaster and Lower Body Jam
    2. Cardio Party Remix and 3T
    3. Punch Kick and Jam
    4. Kickin Core and Ab Jam
    5. Cardio Party 2 and Booty Sculpt
    6. Total Body Blast
    7. Semi Rest – 20 Min or Ab Jam

WEEK 2:

1. Cardio Party 3 and Ab Jam
    2. Fat Blaster and Turbo Sculpt
    3. Punch Kick and Jam
    4. Cardio Party Remix and Booty Sculpt
    5. Cardio Party 2 and 3T
    6. Total Body Blast

WEEK 3:

1. Kickin Core and Ab Jam
    2. Fat Blaster and Lower Body Jam
    3. Punch Kick and Jam
    4. Cardio Party 3 and Turbo Sculpt
    5. Cardio Party 1 and Booty Sculpt
    6. Total Body Blast

WEEK 4

1. Semi Rest – 20 Min or Ab Jam
    2. Cardio Party 2 and 3T
    3. Kickin Core and Turbo Sculpt
    4. Punch Kick and Jam
    5. Cardio Party 3 and Booty Sculpt
    6. Fat Blaster and Lower Body Jam
    7. Total Body Blast
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    But if you wear a HRM and find your heart rate. How would you figure out your calorie burn? Your HR changes thru-out your workout. I have a HRM and I can not figure out how to get the calories burned from it. I have the watch like one.
    Thanks.