Anyone else hate the recovery week?

Options
Am I the only one who hates the recovery week of P90X more than any other week? It just feels so pointless. These are not workouts, so I can barely get up the motivation to do them.

So you know:
I am doing P90X classic. So far I am the only girl I know (IRL) who has actually done the classic. Every other girl I know has done the lean program.
I also do not do P90X yoga. It's not the length or the fact that it's "yoga" (which it's so not). I take a 90 minute yoga class instead during the regular weeks and just replace it with something else for recovery weeks: a different yoga vid or just something else altogether. I don't do the P90X "yoga" because it's just all sun salutations and my friggin' knees STILL hurt from the first time I did it (my first day of my first recovery week). I had no problem with my knees through all the plyo, legs & back, then 30 min of the yoga vid and they have been trashed for 4 weeks. That's ridiculous.

Just needed to vent. Seeing if anyone else actually loved the regular weeks and dreaded the recovery weeks...

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I am sure I will be the same when I get to it when I start P90X next week. There is a reason for a recovery week - perhaps walking or a light jog will make it feel more productive :tongue:
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing p90x but I understand your frustration. I hate taking deload weeks while my body recovers.
    It sucks, but you have to do it or you end up over-training and can end up injuring yourself.
    I have to take next week easy, because my wrist and shoulder isn't recovering quickly enough to continue lifting.
    Definately frustrating.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do a combo of P90X and Insanity, the recovery for Insanity is a lot better than P90X you still feel like you are getting a good workout in, but still in recovery mode.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are not the only girl doing P90X classic because I am too!! When I first started someone told me to do lean but when I looked at the program there wasn't much lifting so I decided to go with the classic. I am finishing up my second recovery week and am itching to get started lifting again!!! I have found out how important lifting is and that it does so much for your body that cardio could never do. I don't do Kenpo or yoga anymore period because I got too bored with them. Instead I do HIIT workouts on my treadmill. If I could find a good yoga workout video that is not 90 minutes I would try it out. I do like the core Synergistics though.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You are not the only girl doing P90X classic because I am too!! When I first started someone told me to do lean but when I looked at the program there wasn't much lifting so I decided to go with the classic. I am finishing up my second recovery week and am itching to get started lifting again!!! I have found out how important lifting is and that it does so much for your body that cardio could never do. I don't do Kenpo or yoga anymore period because I got too bored with them. Instead I do HIIT workouts on my treadmill. If I could find a good yoga workout video that is not 90 minutes I would try it out. I do like the core Synergistics though.

I don't understand how anyone would choose to skip Kenpo. It's my favorite! I like lifting, but Kenpo is FUN! Course, I always wanted to be a kickboxer, so that may have something to do with it. That's the one I give 110%. I never back off the intensity during Kenpo. Love it!
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It may have been that I was already taking a karate class on Wednesday nights an hen Thursday mornings wa doing the Kenpo. I am no longer taking the class ( trying to save some money) so maybe it wouldn't be so bad now. I still like my HIIT workouts on the treadmill though!