Favourite Breakfast Meal??

Options
I am on a bit of a kick lately with my breakfast. I need something substantial to carry me through the morning.

3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 shredded unsweentened coconut
Fruit--could be anything and varies from day to day. Today it was raisins.

It is a simple breakfast but my lord I enjoy it!!!

What about YOU?

Replies

• korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im guessing by using the word "oatmeal" your from the states.

For my breakfast I have:

30g of Porridge oats "oatmeal"

A 0% fat toffee flavour yoghurt (muller light here in the UK) normally about 190g

and 15g of peanut butter (no added sugar)

Mix this together so the peanut butter disolves into the mix. Its really really nice and gives me my peabut butter fix, plus has protein after a work out, carbs to keep you till lunch.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have a morning off this is pretty much my staple:

1-2 egg omelette (with spinach,cherry tomato,green pepper and whatever other veggies I have on hand)
    Either a turkey sausage or some sort of meat added to the eggs
    a peice of toast
    some fruit (usually half a banana or some strawberries)
    and a cup of joe.

weekday mornings I have a bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter and some milk.
  • etjaneausten
    etjaneausten Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I get a whole grain mini bagel (100 cals) and a hard boiled egg, or some hummus. Follow it with my choice of fruit for the day. Gets me started for the morning, and I feel like I have chewed on something :-)
  • ashleyxnicole89
    ashleyxnicole89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites made easy! I love them, at 30 cal per 1/4 cup, you are super full! I add whatever veggies I have in the fridge to them to jazz it up but keep it low on calories. If I did a morning workout I sometimes go a little wild and make them into a breakfast burrito. Adding different spices, salsa, anything that sounds good together! :)
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal + Kashi Go Lean Crunch + Strawberries + Blueberries + Almonds (or peanut butter) = fantastic. Every morning.
  • the_ratman79
    Options
    usually varies between:
    2 x burgen bread (toasted), chopped cherry tom's, rocket salad and scrambled eggs
    or
    300ml water, banana, some oats, blueberries - blended up for a nice smoothie!
    or
    muesli, skimmed milk with extra raisins and sprinkle of all bran!!
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do peanut butter oatmeal... I'm kind of addicted to it! I do 1/3 cup quick oats, half a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Sometimes I leave out the protein powder and put in banana slices or chopped apple.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am rarely hungry when I first wake up so I don't eat right away. I have a glass of chocolate soy milk before heading to work, then usually a handful of almonds around 10 a.m. Sometimes fruit with the almonds, depending on how hungry I am.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Two slices of toast (home made bread) with Marmite, then a banana when I get to work
  • SUSANB37
    SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My fav right now is a peanut butter & banana sandwich made on a sandwich round. I usually use low fat pb and half a banana. It is soooo good!!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Two slices of toast (home made bread) with Marmite, then a banana when I get to work

Try a banana and marmite sandwich!! Its yummy!!
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    I like to have 2 slices of a thick-cut turkey bacon that I get from Sam's Club and a fried egg. I use cooking spray to avoid the extra fat. It ends up being 170 calories, 10.5g of fat and 16g of protein. Tastes really great too.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love the bagel thins with lite cream cheese
    I mix the cream cheeses and a fresh lrg strawberry
    crushed as my topping yumm with a hot cup of joe.
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    A cup of joe, two pieces of toast, scrambled eggs. Every morning
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    My fav go to is a light multi-grain english muffin, toasted, with egg and 2 slices of turkey breast. Just a little butter rounds it out or maybe 1/2 slice of red fat colby jack cheese. Protein Packed!
    245 cal 8g fat 8g fiber 26g protein
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My normal is either oatmeal with a little brown sugar, cinnamon and grapes or a egg white omelet with bacon, peppers and onions but today I "splurged".

1 pancake
    1 Tbsp peanut butter (wanted nutella but didn't bring any with me to work)
    1 half a banana

I always love using melted peanut butter instead of syrup on pancakes and waffles.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I chop an apple and toss it with some cinnamon, heat in the microwave for 1 min. Then top it with 1Tbsp chia seeds, 2 rounded Tbsp oat bran, and 1/4 cup old fashioned oats and 1 cup of water. Nuke for another 1min45secs, stirring halfway. Top with 1 Tbsp PB and 1/4 cup greek yogurt for fat and protein. Have it with a cup of coffee and it keeps me going all morning. A filling, nutritious and balanced breakfast with a lighter lunch and dinner has been one of my biggest keys to success on here. Good luck everyone!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have Egg Whites with spinach, scallions and Veggie Protein Sausage . So yummy.. and add some hot sause! even better.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    100% whole wheat bread toasted with Nutella. And of course, COFFEE!
  • elaine8255
    elaine8255 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1/3 Cup oatmeal + 2/3 cup water + 1 tsp splenda brown sugar & 1/2 banana

or

whole grain english muffin + 1 egg with 2 egg whites + laughing cow cheese