Really needing some advice!!

Options
nikibob
nikibob Posts: 165 Member
I am stuck! I have hit a point of no more weight loss and I need help--I am so frustrated! At least for the last month, more like two months, I have flucuated back and forth between 135.4 and just over 136. My ultimate goal is 130 (I'm only 5'4") so its very very disheartening that I'm having such trouble with the last few pounds.
I've read over the forums and have tried different things and nothing seems to be helping. I've tried three different exercise programs in the last month alone. Right now I do one strength workout day 1, a different one day 2, then HIIT on the treadmill on day 3, repeat then take a rest day and start over. I've taken measurments and have lost a bit in the last two-three months (1 inch on my waist and half on my hips) but I still have jiggly places to lose that aren't going anywhere! lol I know the food that I eat isn't the best I could eat, but I generally always eat healthier food and 90% of the time am under on my calories (eating back most if not all of my exercise calories).
I just don't get it. I've tried so hard all week and see no improvements on the scale. I just really want to get to my goal weight and don't want to settle for the fact that this might be as good as it gets when I have pushed so hard to get this far. Earlier in my diet (I started in september of last year) I tried playing around with my calorie intake but anything more than the 1200 either stopped my weight loss or caused weight gain. I could really use your help! Thank you in advance for your time! :)

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You are definitly in your target zone. Maybe you don't need to lose more weight. I am 5'4" and when got to 140 everybody thought I was anorexic. Check to make sure you have your goals set to .5lb a week and no more than that and also make sure you have your activity setting correct too. Keep in mind the closer you get to your goal weight the less room for error there is. Small errors like overestimating your calorie burn of neglecting to write little things add up. Make sure you are eating enough too. If you are restricting your calories to much you might be being counterproductive.

Best wishes to you
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    If you're in your last 5lbs, put yourself at lose 0.5 lbs a week and eat all those calories + your exercise. You probably have too high of a deficit which you shouldn't have with so little to lose.Try to be within 50 calories of your goal each day. Don't leave too many remaining calories.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You are not settling...you have arrived! This is where your body wants to be. I am in the same boat. My body will not go below 140. (it's been 4 months). Learn to love your body. Even those few jiggly spots. Keep exercising and work on maintanance. You have worked hard, try to enjoy the fruits of your labor. You look great!
  • nikibob
    Options
    thanks everyone for your advice. at this point i am really willing to try anything even though i'm really not sure how eating more is going to get me there! lol like i said tho, i am up for anything!
  • ruenectar
    ruenectar Posts: 25
    Options
    Ever think that you maybe toning (losing fat, gaining muscle)? Just a thought...
  • nikibob
    Options
    that's what i was hoping, that i was toning, but i don't see any changes and my measurements haven't changed. so i don't know maybe my body just likes 135 lol
  • ruenectar
    ruenectar Posts: 25
    Options
    Thought I would circle back and see if there were any changes...any better definition in your muscles?