FOR THOSE WHO HATE BLOATING AND WATER RETENTION

Options
Just when you think your doing sooooooooooooooooooooo good, and the scale is finally going down!!! BOOM! you start the bloating and retention of water and there goes the scaleeee... right back where u started!!!

Replies

• jenn2782
    jenn2782 Posts: 47
    Options
    Bump...Hoping for some tips =) Because this kills me all the time.
  • dianeensey
    dianeensey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is where I'm at this week! Had to stop taking a blood pressure med that was a diuretic plus got my period! Up five lbs :-(
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Drink water, take a vitamins A, B6 and C, avoid alcohol, avoid salt and most importantly exercise! ......Those usually do the trick for me. Most people again anywhere from 2-5 pounds during TOM. I gain 1 pound at the most.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I hate when TOM does that to me! But I have learned to deal. It's part of being a woman, like losing weight slower and gaining it faster! I still wouldn't want to be a man!
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    well i gained a woopinnnn 4 lbs!! my TOM is coming tomorrow or so .. and im hoping not to gain no more:(
  • Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Options
    I used to get upset about it.. but now I've just come to realize that its for a short time.. and I know the water weight will come off just as soon as I put it on... Its the same thing for my cheat on Sundays.. I usually gain 2 lbs of water weight from the extra sodium and it comes off Tuesday as a result.. So I just remind myself and it helps a lot not to get upset..
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    ya.. i shouldn't take it tooooo crazy! as i know it will come off soon enough
    !!! i feel better in my clothes and breathing wise since ive been doing my cardio!!! however i feel like im always retaining water... as i dont sweat as much as im supposed to .. any tips on reducing water retention as a whole!?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I just got rid of three pounds of water weight from bloating, I feel so much better now.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    At 54 y.o., TOM doesn't come round to visit me any more.... But I have noticed that if I DARE add even one mere tsp of salt to my food, I blimp out like a dirigible.... :grumble:
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    :) i feel as bloated as an air baloon right now
  • zavarce
    zavarce Posts: 5
    Options
    I have found that bladderwrack tea really help with the water retention :)
  • melinda0878
    melinda0878 Posts: 31
    Options
    Tea is natural diuretic. A day or two before TOM comes start drinking a couple glasses a day with some lemon or a pack of sweetner and It should help.
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    i will def try that today !!! green tea is good naturally too:) hehe gotta love tea