No HRM, but I know I'm gonna burn cals....

Options
So, I am taking my son to an inflatable play place and I know I'm gonna burn some cals. We will probably be there for 2 hours and if anyone's been to one of these places you know you work up a sweat doing the obsitcal courses and sliding, climbing, jumping etc... Any ideas on how I should log it under exercise? I was thinking of just logging walking....I really need a HRM....oh well...thanks!

Replies

• Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 about 3 weeks ago and I :heart: it.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 about 3 weeks ago and I :heart: it.

Yes, Polar is the best. They are cheapest on Amazon.com :) (and a chest strap is the only way to get accurate readings).

I would log this particular activity as walking.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I wouldnt log it.

I dont log cleaning, mowing grass, gardening or anything like that. Hell, i dont normally log the gym!

I take em as bonus calories burned and stick to my daily limit. Its working for me!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I wouldnt log it.

I dont log cleaning, mowing grass, gardening or anything like that. Hell, i dont normally log the gym!

I take em as bonus calories burned and stick to my daily limit. Its working for me!

I personally wouldn't log this particular activity either. :smile: Like Korgscrew, I would just think of it as a bonus! However, I do log my actual exercise routine like the gym, dvd at home or couch 2 5k, etc. :smile: