kinda bummed

Options
mirandamatte
mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
yesterday was our 5 year anniversary and now no one can watch the kids for us so we can go out this weekend :( DH suggested we just take the kids, but that kinda defeats the purpose, we can't go to a nice restuarant with kids, heck we can't even talk to each other barely with the kids there. This sucks :(

Replies

• sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    How old are the kids? Can you put them to bed early, get dressed up and have a dessert date at your place? Wine, cheese, strawberrys, candles.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    that is a bummer! 5 years is a big deal, I am sure you guys can find a way to celebrate, even if you have to postpone a nice dinner a day or 2 until someone can babysit

congrats on the 5 years!:drinker: :drinker:
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Darn kids! JK - between my husband and myself, we have 6!! Not all at home though and the ones that are here are grown. So sorry to hear your dilemma. I agree - it does suck. Congratulations on your anniversary, though. BE PROUD of another year - it's a rare thing (unfortunately) in our society for marriages to last at all. And what a great thing for your kids to have their mom and dad in the same house! I'm hear to tell ya' though... There is life after kids! It's a coming... Just be patient! Maybe this year your kids can be a part of the celebration of your marriage - but only as a last resort! Again... CONGRATULATIONS ON A WONDERFUL THING! God Bless your family! :flowerforyou:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Plan a late romantic dinner at home for after you put them to bed.

Get used to it. Other than my honeymoon, I haven't have a vacation alone with my wife since 1992.