Rosacea

Options
SusanMcAvoy
SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
I am haing a problem with my rosacea erupting because of exercise. Is anyone else having this problem? I am so frustrated because I have to take off a couple of days of exercise. I just won't let these red eruptions take over my face.

Replies

• soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    do you always have rosacea? I do, and I found making my own facial cleanser helped a lot, didn't get rid of it all but it'd down quite a bit, that and cutting back on dairy
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Yeah I do and i don't like it either! :devil:

My remedies are easy and I've tried many things from the usual perscription meds to everything over the counter. While nothing seems to prevent the flare ups for me, what works the best at controling them is simply to wash with a sulfur based soap as many times a day as I can think about it (even if I just lather the bar up and use a cotton ball to wash a specific area....and then I use Prosacea gel, both products found over the counter or online for not alot of money.

I've taken tetracycline, used metro gel and had very little results.......(spent alot of money too)

I'm 52 and have had rosacea flaring up for about 5 years now.

I need my exercise, so I don't really take days off but timing is everything, I do wear a mineral based powder if need be and definitley a sunscreen when I go outdoors.

Best of Luck! Message me if you'd like to talk more!

Julia
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    I didn't say what I use for cleanser :)

I use the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM), it's really very cheap to make, and it works for me.

Basic OCM recipe: 1/2 castor oil, 1/2 olive oil (you can use other oils too, jojoba, almond, avocado - I just alway have olive oil)

I found the basic recipe too dry for my face so I now make a ratio of 1/3 castor oil to 2/3 olive oil (castor oil is drying, so if you find your mixture too oily add a little more castor, if too dry add more olive oil), I pour the oils into a small bottle.

To use: rub small amount of the OCM all over your face, massage it in (don't be afraid). Wet a wash cloth with very warm water and place it on your face (leave it on for a few minutes if you want to feel like you're having a facial). Then with the wash cloth gently wipe the oils off your face.

The best part about this is I rarely need moisturizer, I don't feel oily and my rosacea is not there :)
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I have Rosacea, too. Have had it for about 7 years :( DIdn't know what it was at first, my face would turn a beat red, like I was blushing. Mine flares up after exercise and heat. If there is no heat, like a cool morning or night, then I am okay.

Certain sunscreens make it worst for me, so I use Neutrogeana, seems to work well.

I appreciate the advice on the sulphur soap Juliapurpletoes

and I appreciate the advice on making your own oils Soifua, I will try it.

Good Luck Susan M. Hope it gets better for you.