Eating on the road

Options
I'm heading to Boston this weekend! :) We are driving so that means.. eating on the road :( What are the best options at Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, etc?

Replies

• denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Salad, veggies, nothing fried, water

Can you pack snacks and food for yourself?

Have fun in Boston! That's where I am from!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would check their websites for Nutritional Info. If at McDonald's, BK or Wendy's I would try to stick to something with Grilled Chicken. And watch the salads b/c honestly they can be just as high cal as a grilled chicken sandwich which will be more filling and keep you from snacking on the road as well. Subway probably has better choices than any of the others though!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Can you pack a cooler full of healthy stuff? Fruit & veggies, healthy sandwich fixings?
  • Laurab_1986
    Laurab_1986 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to Boston this weekend! :) We are driving so that means.. eating on the road :( What are the best options at Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, etc?

:flowerforyou: I'm interested to hear this as I'm starting a new job on the 13th (here in the UK) its gna involve a lot of motorway driving - what tips do ppl have to stop us diving into the tempting service stations???
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would say that Subway would prob be better than most fast food places
    Is it possible for you to pack a cooler of healthy meals, snacks, fruits/veggies, drinks???

Have a safe trip & lotts of fun in Boston!!! :bigsmile:
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog, lots of options under 500 cals, most for under 360! http://otm25.blogspot.com/p/fast-food-options.html
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Chipotle