Protein

Options
Can you have too much of it?

If I stay within my calorie/fat/sugars limits, is it okay to go over on my protein? I love greek yogurt, peanuts and red meat and my protein is always in the red. Is this a bad thing?

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    yeah. the protein levels on here seem a bit low. The ones you need to worry about going over are calories, fat, carbs and sodium for the most part...
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Protein is ESSENTIAL for building beautiful muscles. Go over on protein if ya want! Some people cannot handle excessive protein because it gives them tummy trouble. But I think you are just fine if you are staying within your calorie goals. MFP goes low on the protein anyway in my opinion. I strive for at least 100 grams a day....if not more!
  • previn84
    previn84 Posts: 48
    Options
    I agree that the protein seems low as well. I always go over mine too. I think the fiber is also a low goal, and I actually try to go over it too.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What are good breakfast options with lots of protein besides eggs? That is my biggest trouble meal. I eat two eggs and 3 pieces of Canadian bacon almost every morning because I cant really think of a better option...
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I always go over mine, especially on workout days. I'd say don't worry about it too much! I go over mine every day too and it sounds like you're getting protein from good sources :)
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    The only real downside to excessive protein is the gas...
  • mohawk32
    mohawk32 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's convenient, I just signed up yesterday and did my first food diary entries, and couldn't believe my ideal protein intake was 84 grams, after 90 minutes of weight lifting for the day no less. Glad to see other people are going over.