Weight loss and complacency

Options
cjs3001
cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
Hey guys and gals!

New to the whole message boarding thing, been trying to lose weight for a couple of months now and am 19.5lbs the lighter for it. Very much enjoying MFP - completely addicted to my iPhone so having it on there is stupidly handy - and really think it's working for me but there's just a couple of things I don't know if other people have come across.

Having a bit of a bad week anyway as I pulled my back so I haven't been able to do any exercise but is anyone struggling with complacency? My OH and I have been together for nearly 3 years and I've naturally put on weight since living together just because that seems to be what people do. He has never commented on my weight - I was overweight when we met, just not this much over - and I know that it doesn't bother him so that sometimes makes me think, well what's the point? I KNOW I need to do it for me and I know that when I started this 'journey' (to use a Biggest Loser staple word!) it was totally for me, but do any others of you just get those days where you just think 'Well he/she's eating pizza and looking all comfy on the sofa, I want to do that' rather than working out and eating healthily?

How have you guys managed/tried to overcome it?

Caroline. x

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I feel that way too sometimes. My husband loves me just the way I am, which is wonderful :) He also doesn't like to eat well, so it's hard for me to see him pigging out on the couch while I'm sipping on water.

I keep myself motivated by putting on my jeans from 17 lbs ago. They are falling off now. That feels great. I also have more energy, a more positive outlook on life, and feel stronger than ever before.

Try to focus on the good stuff coming from your weight loss and the things that made you start the journey in the first place. :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    my lovey loves me the way i am, no doubt, and i love him the way he is, no doubt, but i want to love him and want him to love me for more years than what treating our bodies poorly will allow, so...

we eat together more often than not and we eat the same things. we both eat healthily (or albeit sometimes unhealthily) and try to keep it real.

neither of us are "on diets" so we just try to make the best of each day being aware of what we are putting into our bodies.