Over did it

Options
I thought I was ready to go from my 25 minute workout to the next level which is harder and 50 minutes. I was wrong and now I feel like I am going to be sick. Any tips on how to help my body feel better and rebalance?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Rest! Put your feet up, sip some water, have a few crackers and take it easy for a little bit. 25 to 50 minutes is a big jump. That's part of a program? I'd think 5-10 minute increments would be more reasonable for building your endurance.
  • Plarmore
    Plarmore Posts: 17
    Options
    Drink a high electrolyte recovery drink of some kind (Gatorade for example). Eat something with high protein then continue to drink plenty of water the rest of the day.
  • kamoi
    kamoi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Honestly try chocolate or strawberry milk. They are a perfect form of recovery drink because they have an almost perfect 4:1 ratio (4 grams or carbs to every 1 gram of protein). The simple sugars will help you system recover fasting by getting the carbs back into your muscles quickly and take away that weak sick feeling.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that was a mighty big jump in time intervals as well. Wow! I'd say increase it 5-10 minutes at a time.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest the same thing ... Also that's a BIG jump in time... maybe consider 10 minutes increases every week or two until you reach 50?

Ooops .. the quote I was expecting to have there didn't show up. I was going to suggest the chocolate milk... also has a good boost of protein to add to the recovery benefits of the carbs and fats ...
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I think from now on I am just going to try to extend the 25 minute workout by a few minutes and build it up before doing that again.
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Rest! Put your feet up, sip some water, have a few crackers and take it easy for a little bit. 25 to 50 minutes is a big jump. That's part of a program? I'd think 5-10 minute increments would be more reasonable for building your endurance.

Its the program tapes my mom has. Your supposed to go from the 25 min workout to the 50, then a 60. I am changing that though
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a massive jump.

I can understand why you felt wiped.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Its the program tapes my mom has. Your supposed to go from the 25 min workout to the 50, then a 60. I am changing that though

Good for you! Better to do what's right for you than to follow a program that's too difficult. I had to do the same thing with the Couch to 5K program. It has you going from 90 seconds of running straight to 3 minutes of running. Too much of a jump for this middle-aged lady! I found an interval program for my phone and now I'm doing it my own way.