Jaffa Cakes..are they good when watching your weight?

Options
bluefox9er
bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
A friend of mine told me recently that jaffa cakes can be very useful as an aid to weight loss as long as you don't have more than 2-3 a DAY. Is this right? they are about 45 calories per cake and less than 1g fat. My gut instinct tells me that these are 150 calories better spent elsewhere...but then I see footballers eating them on the sidelines and they are supposed to give an amazing boost....are they a worthy inclusion to a calorie controlled diet? Bear in mind I try to burn at least 500 calories a day through cardio vascular exercise.

Eating just ONE is almost impossible but I do have an incredibly sweet tooth and have managed almost 6 weeks without indulging my love for chocolate and all things yummy!

Replies

• jfzelkojr
    jfzelkojr Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know much about them because I live in the US but this website has all the nutritional information on all the jaffa cakes, rolls, pods...they certainly look like a yummy treat! You are doing a great job, so do what you think is best! Have a good day!

http://www.123healthybalance.co.uk/products/jaffa-cakes.aspx
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    If you crave something sweet, or you crave chocolate, or biscuits etc, far better to have something "better" for you than a chocolate bar. Jaffa cakes are the lesser of two "evils". I love them! Of course it's 150 cals better spent elsewhere, but if spending them on jaffa cakes stops you eating something worse, go for it!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    So just read up on these. You are better off spending 150 cals else where. You could have 3 cups of watermelon for 1 biscuit. I would go with something else.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I'm from the US also, so not an expert, but they look very yummy - much like cookies... so I think I would use the same restraint - a few in moderation every now and then, as long as they don't trigger you to binge on them. Not sure I would eat them daily, but then again, I have a Skinny Cow ice cream nearly every day (abt 100-150 calories), which satisfies my sweet tooth, so if these do the same for you, go for it :-)
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i could'nt stop at 2 or 3 jaffa cakes! to control my chocolate cravings i eat dark chocolate i tell myself it's doing me some good :)
    If you can control yourself i say have the jaffa cakes, if you deny yourself you're more likely to binge
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Jaffa Cakes are EVIL! You cannot stop at one! One box maybe ....

Don't let the evil b*ggers in your house!
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    A Solero ice cream is a great treat! 90 calories of lushness!
  • Boooie
    Boooie Posts: 110
    Options
    How about the little packs of jaffa cakes with 6 mini ones in a tub, least it wont be leaving an open packet for more temptation lol im a firm believer in if you want something have it just account for it and keep it in moderation :)
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    How about the little packs of jaffa cakes with 6 mini ones in a tub, least it wont be leaving an open packet for more temptation lol im a firm believer in if you want something have it just account for it and keep it in moderation :)

I totally agree with this!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this!

Me too! Depriving yourself, I think, is a sure route to bingeing. Enjoy the jaffa cakes!