Calorie intake... need to rant a bit

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Eat people!! Food is your friend. Fat is your friend too if you eat the right kinds!!

Tam I didnt know you were promoting canabalism!?! :laugh: :laugh: Eat your fat friend, now that isnt nice.
    Ok so this is how I read it the 1st time. Jeez I need to take a break.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

Eat people!! Food is your friend. Fat is your friend too if you eat the right kinds!!

Tam I didnt know you were promoting canabalism!?! :laugh: :laugh: Eat your fat friend, now that isnt nice.
    Ok so this is how I read it the 1st time. Jeez I need to take a break.

LOL--Like the panda who eats, shoots, and leaves

panda.jpg
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great points made here! I try to eat at least 5 meals a day which include snacks. I find that eating this way has help me tremendously in controlling binges. I dont feel deprived either and as a result my weight is finally moving downward. I also love strength training and make sure that its incorporated regularly.:glasses:

Steph
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    OMG... you posted a panda in my thread... how perfect :):):)

Sexythighz... do you use WOWY? If not, there's someone in there with the same name as you... nevertheless, I am a fan of it :) Love your thighs! :)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    love. the. panda!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    cute:tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • FitShark
    Options
    Thanks all! :flowerforyou: Its soooo nice to have this fact re-itterated; I was just getting into a slump about "am I eating too much?" again; but with my work-outs, I know my intake NEEDS to be HIGHER, around 17-1800kcal. I dont want to be draggy, cranky, too tired for the next day's "events" AND shift my metabolism into reverse! But I do feel every once in while, that I may be consuming too much. But using MFP is great to help me see where I am at.
    And for the person who posted (sorry I dont remember your name) about not dieting, not dropping all the weight in one week, but learning a new life style, and being healthy etc. YOU GOT IT GIRL! THATS what its about, in my opinion too......
  • psyknife
    Options
    For those worried about getting "too much." If you are worried about that... then make sure those calories are coming from good foods. I know that a "calorie is a calorie" but your body will react differently if you eat 200 calories in donuts as opposed to 200 calories in veggies or lean meat.
    So, to keep from worrying, make your calories your BEST choice that you can. Our bodies function the best on natural whole foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats)... if we use those calories on sugar we really are not doing ourselves a favor.

I'm a big believer in CHOICE. Everything we do is a choice... so, what will you choose today???

One of my favorite quotes is from Tony Horton...
    The joy of discipline or the pain of regret... what will it be today?
  • seebee
    Options
    When I first set up my account, I didn't notice that my goals were set with my date of birth making me 18 years old! So when I adjusted it to my right age (waaaaay over that), my calorie requirements per day dropped like a brick. I don't think I'll have a problem 'eating my exercise calories,' because my per day calorie intake limit is pretty low.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    BUMP... I didnt know this either, thanks!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I exercise so I HAVE extra calories to eat.Without them I would be on 1200 and starving!
    :laugh:
  • arjames82
    Options
    I exercise so I HAVE extra calories to eat.Without them I would be on 1200 and starving!
    :laugh:

Me Too! By the time I go to the gym in the evenings, I have exhausted my 1500 calories:sad: Exercise gives me the calories I need for a protein shake and dinner.
  • psyknife
    Options
    Right! I'm not sure I'd want to live every day with no exercise and only 1270-1400 calories... I love the way exercise makes my body feel, and I love fueling my body so that I can exercise to my fullest potential.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I like the balance of eating properly and exercising. I enjoy my sweets too but when you exercise hard you really do need proper fuel -- so just restating the comment: eat the right things to get the maximum results.

I like the sound of that polar machine at Gold's I might have to check that out -- thx for posting about that!
  • ranhound
    ranhound Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of deluxe mixed nuts is 180 calories. That's about 12 nuts! They are delicious, caloric, and good for you. I get the deluxe, unsalted, and eat them one at a time. Yummy!
    89050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ranhound
    ranhound Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know I should agree...

I'm recovering from an eating disorder and find it soooo hard to eat the right amount. I feel STUFFED at about 1100 calories. I'm in the military so I should be eating close to 1900.

What are some snacks that are good for calories that wouldn't make me too full?

Yes, nuts! 1/4 cup of deluxe mixed nuts is 180 calories. That's about 12 nuts! They are delicious, caloric, and good for you. I get the deluxe, unsalted, and eat them one at a time. Yummy!
    89050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FitShark
    Options
    For those worried about getting "too much." If you are worried about that... then make sure those calories are coming from good foods. I know that a "calorie is a calorie" but your body will react differently if you eat 200 calories in donuts as opposed to 200 calories in veggies or lean meat.
    So, to keep from worrying, make your calories your BEST choice that you can. Our bodies function the best on natural whole foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats)... if we use those calories on sugar we really are not doing ourselves a favor.

I'm a big believer in CHOICE. Everything we do is a choice... so, what will you choose today???

One of my favorite quotes is from Tony Horton...
    The joy of discipline or the pain of regret... what will it be today?

you are so right about the choices of TYPES of foods that you can eat and how your body metabolizes them for energy and storage. The body is amazing, and we should be feuling it with the BEST choices out there, like you said. If you eat 1300 kcals, for example (my base number) of junk foods, you wont be full for long and your body wil be crashing, storing excess fat etc etc....but 1300 kcals of whole grains, fruits and veg and lean meats goes a lot further, and so do you! Andthen factor in the energy requirements for exercising, well, you have more choices to continue eating for health! CHOICES for HEALTH...I do rmemeber that Tony-ism...itsa good one!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    So true.

I find myself to be more energetic with 1200 good clean calories in me than with 2500 in crap. My body isnt sluggish anymore.

I look forward to exercise and if you dont....find something you LIKE to do. :heart:
  • psyknife
    Options
    I look forward to exercise and if you dont....find something you LIKE to do.
    That is so key... don't do what you hate doing.
    I totally dislike running... so I don't run for my exercise. I simply love kickboxing, yoga, pilates and weightlifting... so I do those! But I also throw in some biking, skating and other activities I enjoy just to change things up a bit now and then :)
    Ya'll rock!!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: