Got new scale, what to do with 2-lb difference from old sca

Options
Received new Eat Smart bathroom scale, calibrated according to instructions. The reading is consistently +2 lbs more than my old scale. I guess I should adjust to the new scale reading, but does MFP allow me to adjust my original starting weight so that my ticker still reflects the lbs lost progress? Otherwise I just have to accept the 2lb regression :-(

Replies

• CarolMorris66
    Options
    Take it on the chin.... its only 2lbs after all!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I had to adjust my weight loss when I got my new scale. I would just take the hit instead of adjusting your initial weight, but you can do that by editing your previous entries in your profile or check in I believe. I know it hurts but just work that much harder to get those 2 pounds back!
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Only 2lb?! Lucky! I got new scales this week .... FIVE POUNDS HEAVIER!!! :( Waiting to see what they say on Monday (weigh day) but it's not going to look good!)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i had same problem...
    i decided to not record a weight until the new scale caught up with where old scale said i'd reached *L*

others has suggested i just revise my starting weight to be 2 pounds higher, then all my weighins would stil be accurate with new scale.

in my case the new scale actually agreed with my Dr's office scales... darned thing *L*
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yes you can adjust your starting weight. Go to check-in and edit previous entries.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you go to My Home at the top and then to "Check in" you will see an option at the bottom where it says "Edit Previous Entries" and you could change your starting weight if you wanted to. Or, you could just wait until you lose that 2 lbs as well and it would be up to date! :P
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I also bought a new scale and there was a 4lb difference. I adjusted my starting weight to account for this new scale and weighed in the exact weight it showed on the new scale. It's showing me weighing more but I my new starting weight is also 4 lbs higher...therefore, my overall weight loss is still the same. :)
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies folks! I love this community!