FUNNY THING ABOUT CARDIO MACHINES !

Options
2»

Replies

• mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and it shows that I burn between 500-700 cals in 35 mins on the Elliptical. Way above what the machine tells me I've burned.
    mine is always off by about 100-150 lower on the elliptical. HRM is lower then the machine. however... on the treadmill it is usually higher on on HRM by 200-250! my advise... HRM!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    SO HERE I AM DOING 30 MINS EVERYDAY ON MY ELIPTICAL AT HOME.. HOWEVER I WEIGH 229LBS NOW AND MY MACHINE SAYS IM ONLY BURNING 260 CALS IN 30 MINS N I AM REALLY PUSHIN MYSELF!! COULD I BE THAT THE MACHINE IS WRONG AS I DIDNT ENTER MY WEIGHT AND AGE?

Can you put in your weight into the Elliptical? Most machines are set for 150 pound male
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    is 30 mins 6 days a week on the eliptical enough excercise?? or should i do more.... reminder: i am doing this at home
    ive always heard 30-45 min of exercise is perfect for 5 days per week. i however go wayyy overboard. i had a trainer once tell me that im not doing any good bc i work out too long and it puts my body into shock. i dont know that i believe this as i continue to do the same thing everytime. lol. i think u are doing wonderful! keep up the awesome work!
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    thanks guys!!! ur all amazinggg~
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    i guess my work out for almost 2 weeks has been good:) cant wait to start seeing the results tho:o
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    is 30 mins 6 days a week on the eliptical enough excercise?? or should i do more.... reminder: i am doing this at home
    ive always heard 30-45 min of exercise is perfect for 5 days per week. i however go wayyy overboard. i had a trainer once tell me that im not doing any good bc i work out too long and it puts my body into shock. i dont know that i believe this as i continue to do the same thing everytime. lol. i think u are doing wonderful! keep up the awesome work!

I can relate. I don't feel right if I have anything left over after a workout. So I tend to push it as far as I can every time. Besides it's fun when your knees are all wobbly and don't want to carry you to the shower. I bet it fun to watch too.