OOPS!

Options
I have a confession to make ...
I just ate a chocolate bar - Flyte - as in low fat, but I'm not supposed to have anything sweet until Xmas - Gp's strict diet - I just had to have it, I hope it don't send my sugar levels through the roof :ohwell:

But ... I did enjoy it while it lasted, :tongue: now I'm thinking I shouldn't have touched it.

Oh I can't have everything in life but at least I stopped at the one !

Jackie

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make ...
    I just ate a chocolate bar - Flyte - as in low fat, but I'm not supposed to have anything sweet until Xmas - Gp's strict diet - I just had to have it, I hope it don't send my sugar levels through the roof :ohwell:

But ... I did enjoy it while it lasted, :tongue: now I'm thinking I shouldn't have touched it.

Oh I can't have everything in life but at least I stopped at the one !

Jackie
  • fitmom2six
    Options
    I did the same thing with a brownie yesterday! :blushing: We are all human! We make mistakes! I felt so yucky after eating it -- that was a GOOD thing!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I've given up on giving up chocolate. :laugh: doesn't work. lol......I'm a choc-aholic.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!! I hear you about the stopping at one thing.....there is a certain time of the month that I crave a few things like thick doughy pizza pies and chocolate shakes, omg I used to be able to do a good job on both!.....:tongue: I have now, since I am on this healthy lifestyle, gotten it down to a lowfat chocolate milk and one slice of thin crust pizza.....:wink:

its all baby steps...you'll get there...and if you do endulge do what you did...stop at one!

big hugs and best of luck!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    They do make sugar free chocolate. :smile:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know they make sugar free chocolate, but it don't taste quite as nice :tongue:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Now cyber! Chocolate bars, egg tarts, what next? Look, I don't want to sound harsh but you know the levels you were at and how good you were doing. You have to take this diabetes seriously now. You simply can't eat that kind of stuff and stay healthy. I'm serious here. Diabetes is extremely dangerous--you know this. You can lose your sight, your arms, legs, feet, your life.

One tart or one sugar bar isn't going to be big problems but it will cause a spikes and it is a slippery slope that can lead to more and more and more of this kind of eating. If you can control it and not do it but MAYBE once every other week, ok but otherwise, you need to avoid that kind of stuff altogether.

I know it's hard! I want something like that so bad sometimes--and it doesn't help that they always have the candy bars right at the cash registers at every store so you sit there while waiting and smell that chocolate!:explode:

And. last night at our church dinner, I ended up helping carry desserts around and found myself holding a HUGE TRAY OF SLICES OF CAKES, PIES, CUPCAKES, AND BROWNIES! :cry: :cry: I finally broke down and had to have some but only had 1/2 of a small brownie. Even that sent me up to almost 200 still 2 hours later so I was crying again. :cry: :cry: (Not sure how that translates into British measurements).

Anyway, come on now! You're doing great--don't let this slip away from you. You've got a great family who I'm sure loves you very much. make this a successful journey for them if not for yourself--and you deserve it, too!

Oh, and low-fat does little to nothing and probably makes it worse for us diabetics, as the more fat a food has, the slower it is digested. And, the slower it's digested, the less it will cause our levels to spike.

Ok, now, promise me you'll take care of yourself, ok??