please help!

Options
been on MFP since September of this year, and so far I have lost over 80lbs, I am trying to lose 20 more right now, and the program has recalcuated my new intake per day. over the last month I have not lost any weight, and I retain pretty much everything . any ideas? should I force the program to think I lost another 10 lbs to lower my intake once again? I am getting pretty frustrated with this, but really dont want to stop, but results again would be very nice. I am staying in my calorie window and meeting my weekly exercise quotas if that helps at all.

Replies

• sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you are close to your goal weight, the weight will be coming off slower. But for now, you could try re-calculating your calorie intake with this tool: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

That will let you know how many calories it takes to stay at your current weight, and how many to eat if you'd like to lose more weight. Make sure you are drinking a lot of water as well. And keep in mind that if you are working out, muscle is denser than fat. Just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you aren't losing inches!
  • biggendo
    biggendo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sunshine_angel

thanks for the link. when I put my data in the number it gave me almost matched MFP! so I guess I am doing what needs to be done, but it's so frustrating not seeing any more significant results. I tried measuring myself too, and I am about the same I measured in at last month. thanks for the help though!
  • giventofly__
    giventofly__ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My only thought might be that even though that's what the numbers are suggesting, it's actually too few calories and your body is doing the starvation mode thing. Maybe not helpful at all, but I thought I would suggest it. I wasn't losing after it adjusted me down and I went from 2 to 1.5lbs a week to get more cals, and it started coming off again. I figured the suggested adjustment was just too low of intake for my system. Either way, you've been killing it, good luck! Don't give up!! :)