weights for 30 day shred

raspberrytart
raspberrytart Posts: 2
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, i am currently using bottles of water but not ideal.
What weight hand weights would be best
Cheers

Replies

• Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    I use 5 pound weights and find them to work pretty well.
  • clpott19
    clpott19 Posts: 11
    I use 5lb weights.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    i would start with 3 lbs, and work your weigh to 5 lbs
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,161 Member
    I use what I have - 8lb weights
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    I just started the 30 day shred today is day 4 and I use 3lbs weights. If you use anything high then that you all rock. I have a hard time with the one where you have to lunge to the side and bring the weights up to you eye level. Wow good going everyone.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    I use 5lb weights for 30 day shred
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Hi, i am currently using bottles of water but not ideal.
    What weight hand weights would be best
    Cheers

I use two cans of peas that about just over 2lbs...I plan on getting 3lb weights to start with
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    I use 5 lb weights. I just got to level 3, wait till she has you do jumping jacks WITH the hand weights....lol.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    I use 5 lb weights. I just got to level 3, wait till she has you do jumping jacks WITH the hand weights....lol.

Your kidding right??!

I joked to myself about that only yesterday after finishing level 1! "I wonder i can do jumoing jacks with my dumbells?"
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341

Your kidding right??!

I joked to myself about that only yesterday after finishing level 1! "I wonder i can do jumoing jacks with my dumbells?"

I'm sorry, I'm not kidding....but I didn't want to scrare anyone either. "No pain, no gain" :wink:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    I started with 1 lb weights (soup cans) then I worked up to 3 lbs. 3 lbs was enough for me because my arms had gotten way out of shape. Do what is comfortable for you.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    i use 3lb weights!
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    I use 3, 5, and 8 pound weights depending on the exercise. She does a lot of work on shoulders, so I tend to use the 3 pounders for anything that deals with shoulders.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    I used 3lb hand weights the entire time. At times, it felt like they were 50lbs, lol, but once you get going and start building muscle, it's much more tolerable.
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    :noway: jumping jacks with weights..?! oh boy, that's it, that's how my life is going to end, on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - level 3 im really gonna die there, I swear..:cry:

I just finished level 1 yesterday :drinker: (after getting through the whole ordeal of thinking I was gonna die there) and immediately gave level 2 a try only for my husband to have to help me get up from the floor...:indifferent:

I started with 2lb weights and have slowly graduated to 5lbs...i cant do the 5lbs on one specific and thats the one were you have to go side to side and lift them to eye level...:grumble: I'll get there at some point (hopefully)

All in all, its a great workout and you do get better after a few days on every level (or so I hope after trying level 2)...Good Luck, it can be done..! :smile:
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    I started with 2 lbs, then 3, and now I've (barely) worked up to 5 lbs. lol. Just start out with whatever you can tolerate at first, then when it gets easier, graduate to the next size up. :)
  • Thanks, folks, think I will get 3lb and 5lb for later, on D3L2 and its a killer! and also trying to get on bike for an hour most days,not today though-the great british weather has put paid to that!!
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    I'm a wimp. I alternate between 2-3 lb weights. I have to say that by the time I got to level 3 I was just using the 3 lbs though. BTW- day 29.....one more day to go and I can start over with another plan! LOL- the fun never ends!
  • dmswarts
    dmswarts Posts: 28
    on most of her videos jillian likes to use 3 pound weights....my fav dvd right now is No More Trouble Zones!! LOVE IT!!!
  • dmswarts
    dmswarts Posts: 28
    i say most because i have yet to do all her dvd's....YET :wink:
This discussion has been closed.