Bacon anyone?

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Turkey Bacon or Reg. Bacon? Do you like it crunchy or chewy? What brand do you use? Just curious lol

Me - Reg. Bacon, crunchy & Oscar Myer lower sodium bacon ( 35 cal / 85 sodium per slice )

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Regular bacon, preferably from a local butcher and crispy!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I like Coleman's Uncured Hickory Smoked All Natural bacon. I'd rather have full fat, uncured than frankenfood turkey bacon with all the happy taken out. I like it super chewy, barely cooked.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I like Coleman's Uncured Hickory Smoked All Natural bacon. I'd rather have full fat, uncured than frankenfood turkey bacon with all the happy taken out. I like it super chewy, barely cooked.

LOL. I like "with all the happy taken out". Never heard that before.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You know, I eat bacon so rarely, that if I'm gonna eat it, I'm gonna eat REAL GOOD BACON!!! Not turkey bacon... sorry turkey bacon.

I have bacon a couple times a year (Christmas, and the occasional BLT... maybe some at Bolder Boulder on Monday haha), and I really savor it. So yeah... no turkey bacon for me. I'd rather have the good stuff. =)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you get center cut regular bacon, it has less cals and fat than turkey bacon.
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    regular bacon, i like turkey bacon as well... but it isn't as good for you. and doesn't taste half as good hahah :) I don't like mine crispy but i don't like ti chewy, right in between :) Some days I get in the mood for crispy though :)
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    regular with as little fat as possible and crispy
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I love bacon!! I get Tyson's center cut lower fat/sodium.. its 50 cal for 2 slices :D

oh and I like it crispy..
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bacon anymore really, but if I were to it would be turkey bacon. The "real" stuff grosses me out now lol.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to go for bacon, I'll have the real thing. Crispy as hell.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just had some regular bacon this morning and it was fantastic since its been so long :smile:
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    I definitely love regular bacon, cripsy, but I will eat turkey bacon. I buy Lillydale bacon flavoured turkey slices, they aren't all processed and gross looking like the Butterball turkey bacon. I think it's a Canadian brand though. But they're delicious and they look like real food and I can eat them guilt free and as much as I want. Bacon sandwich anyone?
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is too thin for me. I like regular bacon and I love it chewy! Just had some for breakfast about 10 mins ago and it was DELISH!

90 cals for 2 slices :D
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Center Cut Bacon, 3 slices for 80 calories! Yum! :) And I like it crispy but not too crispy!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed a slice of bacon this morning and I found that I really, really enjoyed it instead of just gobbling it down...lol! If I had to eat turkey bacon I'd rather just eat tree bark...both are disgusting :0/
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    My favorite sandwich is a BLT. lol I can eat Turkey Bacon, but I like it cold. Almost like jerky.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I read that real bacon - center cut - is better for you than turkey bacon because it doesn't have any fillers
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    turkey bacon, crispy.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I eat both, but prefer regular bacon. The crispier the better. The best trick to get the fat out and make it really crispy is to bake it instead of frying. Lay out on a baking sheet with sides (with non stick spray) and bake at 425 for 18-22 minutes. Minimizes shrinkage, keeps the pieces flat, and tastes amazing!
  • tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    turkey bacon! love it crispy