What fast foods have you found that keep you on your diet?

Options
jah7700
jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
So I'm a bum sometimes and forget to pack my lunch, or leave it in the fridge, or just really want to go out at lunch. I have found a few items on the fast food menus that I can have and keeps me on my diet. I usually make sure that I don't eat too many calories before I visit the fast food joint, just to make sure I don't go over...

Here are a few I found:

Jimmy Johns #4 Turkey Tom (doesn't come with cheese, but does have mayo): 515 cals (321 w/o mayo)
Subway 6" Ham: 290 cals
Sonic Grilled Chicken Wrap: 390 cals
Chick-Fil-A CharGrill Chicken Sandwich: 290 cals

What others are out there you rely on??? (so at least I have a selection :D)

Replies

• jesstorious
    Options
    Have you tried getting a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns? Saves quite a few calories. My husband goes to Arby's at lunch, their plain roast beef is pretty low calorie!
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    I love the Turkey Tom at Jimmy Johns (:

Go to this site http://eatthis.menshealth.com/home
    It's awesome when I'm looking at fast food and restaurants (:
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    hardees turkey burgers.
    taco bell burritos can fit into my goals usually.
    subway
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat fast food, but sometimes it just happens.

Here are some items I get if I find myself at a fast food restaurant:

McDonalds:
    Egg McMuffin, no meat, no cheese, no butter
    4 piece chicken nugget kids meal, with apple dippers (no caramel) and water (no dipping sauce)
    Subway Club, Turkey or Subway Veggie Delight (my two faves) with cheese (cheese adds an extra 40 calories) - always lots of raw spinach
    Sonic - single burger, no cheese, mustard only (no other sauces)
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Believe it or not, the McDouble, while high in fat is 390 calories and 20g protein. The grilled chicken club(no mayo) at McDs is 420.
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat out I rely on Jimmy Johns, Subway, or Panera Bread. Panera is great because their calorie information is listed on their menu right next to the price! They have a LOT of healthy options between their sandwiches, soups, and salads!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Go-Wrap from Wendy's with a small Chili... also the Craft-2 Menu at Qdoba allows for smaller portions of the regular menu. Also... if you are a jimmy johns fan try the #12 with no Mayo... (it has avocado spread!!)
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Any sort of deli place that has a soup-sandwich combo. A cup of a filling soup (french onion, for me!) and a half of a sandwich...forcing myself to eat REALLY slowly to really taste it. for less than 500 calories..and I can even eat a turkey ruben! Yum! Think Quiznoz, Jasons Deli...wherever!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Subway roasted chicken with veggies, no sauce or cheese. Also Taco Bell fresco tacos
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Mooyhah's Turkey Burgers
    Taco Bell "Fresco" menu items
    McDonald's Southwest chicken salad
    Subway breakfast sandwich (the one with egg whites)
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Taco bell 3 crunchy tacos fresco style.
    Burger King Wopper Jr. and small fry
    Mcdonalds 6 chicken nuggets and small fry
    sometimes if i have enough calories and sodium left i will order a medium fry ;)
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    weight watchers sting cheese, activia parfait yogurt, LOTS OF WATER AND TEA (keeps me full), handfull of trail mix, aple at 3 pm every day, and packing my lunch to avoid going out. I don't always pack it, but when I do I feel better on those days. :) I'm managing 1200-1300 cal/day.
  • BlazedBetty
    BlazedBetty Posts: 31
    Options
    Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad. Always with grilled chicken and I leave off the pecans.
    Alot of the time I get the "You pick two" so I get a half size salad and a bottled water for $4.99

But the half size salad with dressing and no pecans is only 240 cal

I just saw they have a new berry almond salad I will probably try next time I go. I hope the almonds come on the side of that one too... I'd rather skip the nuts than the dressing.lol
  • kecmorgan
    kecmorgan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jgranger221
    jgranger221 Posts: 48
    Options
    The Taco Bell fresco options are pretty good as well if you must eat fast food. The three tacos, (beef, steak and chicken) are all 150 calories, so you could have 2 of those and iced tea or water for a tasty 300 calorie meal.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have to echo the "Jimmy John's Unwich" suggestions. I find they are handy and keep me full even without the bread. Yes, it is a bit high in sodium, but its quick and easy! Love it! I usually get the Bootlegger Club Unwhich!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr. Low Carb Guacamole Turkey Burger is really good. Salads are usually pretty good too, minus the ranch and extra toppings (crutons, etc) plus the vinagrette type dressings.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    taco bell fresco items
    chick fil a
    mcdonalds - a salad (every now and then I will get a small fries to curb the craving)
    subway - I heart the veggie delight
    little ceasers - but I can usually only eat one slice, which Im okay with
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    McDonalds-hamberger happy meal

Arby's- Jr. Roast beef and a salad

Wendy's- Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and either a salad/chili/or baked potato

Panera- Asiago Roast Beef and black bean soup. (1/2 and 1/2 combo)