Introspection for the day.

Options
Here it is seven years later. How many people don't realize the significance of the day. I woke up this morning and was surprised by the news. I had forgotten the date.

The older children of the people who died on 9/11 are now looking at young adulthood. One of the police officers on TV this morning was the child of one who died.

The hardest lesson to learn as a firefighter is that life goes on.

Seven years ago today, I was going to be deployed to help in New York. It now looks like I'm going to be deployed to the Texas coast in the wake of Ike. Life really moves on.

If you made it to the bottom of this, thanks for reading. I felt like I needed to share.

Rae

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Here it is seven years later. How many people don't realize the significance of the day. I woke up this morning and was surprised by the news. I had forgotten the date.

The older children of the people who died on 9/11 are now looking at young adulthood. One of the police officers on TV this morning was the child of one who died.

The hardest lesson to learn as a firefighter is that life goes on.

Seven years ago today, I was going to be deployed to help in New York. It now looks like I'm going to be deployed to the Texas coast in the wake of Ike. Life really moves on.

If you made it to the bottom of this, thanks for reading. I felt like I needed to share.

Rae
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: And Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and be safe on your journey.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for everything you and your collegues do :flowerforyou: Being in the military family, I don't think I will ever forget where I was when I heard the news. Also, it was one of the first major attacks on the US that I experienced. I can't believe it's been 7 years though.....

God bless!!
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I posted thoughts as well. Very emotional day for alot of people.

Will be thinking of you and thank you for all you do. :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and may God bless you Rae for all you do. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: