Hi

Options
I am now approaching the time in my life when I realise that I have been as fat for as much of my life as I was thin. There are people in my life that I have known me for over ten years who have never seen me below 14st which is painful to think about.

Up to the age of 18 I was as skinny as a rake (very underweight) which was down to fussy eating habits and lots of sport. I then got an office based job and by the time I was in my mid twenties I had ballooned and developed a very unhealthy appetite for fast food.

Fast forward 10 years and three operations for footballing injuries I am still behind a desk and not doing any sport due to a recovery from the latest hip operation.

The op has stopped the football as lateral movement brings the pain but I can still run without any problems (after a long rehab period), and despite my size I still retain a reasonable level of core fitness (I have continued to coach despite the injury set backs to the playing side of things).

I started 17 days ago and have so far lost 3.2kgs (7.1lbs or half a stone). My workout consists of a 5 minute warm up on the static bike (2.5km) followed by a 10k run at various speeds between 9 and 12.5kph. At my size this burns about 1000 calories each session (I train 3 times a week).

I am also taking acia berry and green tea tablets as well as drinking a protein shake before and after my runs and trying to eat more sensibly.

What I am doing seems to be working so far but if anyone has any tips as to how I can lose weight as quick as possible I'd love to hear them.

Cheers

Jarvais