I believe I said (and I quote), "You gotta be sh!ttin me!"

Options
Leigh_D
Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
I finally feel like I have a success story to share!! I lurk on this forum ALL the time for inspiration. Thank you to everyone who has shared their story. You have more impact than you know ... not everyone who reads your post and sees your picture will reply.

First up is a very unhappy me from around Halloween 2010 -- I wasn't even at my heaviest since The Holidays had yet to come. I topped out at around 235-240. I am not entirely sure, but close enough, right?

DSCN4705.JPG

In January I joined a local Run/Walk group and also found MFP. I have lost about 30 pounds and something like 5-6 inches from my waist and hips (each). I have gone from walking a 22 minute mile for a distance of two miles to 17 minute mile for 10K! I am at about 205 now and anticipating becoming a resident of Onederland for the first time in many moons.

I know the numbers, I know I feel so much better, I am enjoying seeing the progress in the mirror, but *nothing* had the emotional impact of putting on these pants today! When I put them on to get ready for work I believe I said (and I quote), "You gotta be sh!ttin me!" and almost started crying! ..... Here is a picture taken today showing how I had to wear these pants four months ago, half zipped and with a belt to keep them on because they wouldn't button. Now I have to wear the belt to keep them on because other wise they slipped right off my hips! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

30lbs.png

KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON! It works if you put in the work. I am NOT starving myself either! I am following the 1-lb-loss-week calorie goal set by MFP, and I am "eating back" my exercise calories so my NET stays around my daily calorie goal. I eat 5-6x a day. .... But neither am I drinking soda, eating fast food and pizza(much), and bingeing on Little Debbie Swiss Rolls anymore. Be sensible. If God/Nature made it you can eat it -- there is no such thing as a Cheetos Tree. YOU CAN DO IT!

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I cannot wait until I start fitting into my old clothes like that!! Congratulations on all of your hard work - it has paid off! Thanks for posting!
  • idnam182
    idnam182 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing it!!! Great job! :)
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Good job!!

P.S there are cheeto trees! In my dreams anyways! :P
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, its wonderful! I hope I actually need to buy a belt again someday...Although I am very happy to read about your sucess, I am sad to hear that there is no such thing as a cheetos tree...(They are my fav, I don't have them often, and I actually love the baked cheetos)
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • dd122436
    dd122436 Posts: 39
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Great work! Enjoy it, you deserve it!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The shorts that I wore to the meat shop today almost fell off while I was pushing my cart. Thank goodness I was quick. I knew I should have worn that belt.
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    great job, you should be so proud of yourself, I feel as though I could hear your excitement in your words you posted :flowerforyou:
  • callielizabethrocks
    callielizabethrocks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! But God I wish there were a cheeto tree!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Great work!
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Dedication does pay off. I'm glad that you added that you aren't starving yourself. Too many times on this site I read about people who are starting out at the lowest calorie level, trying to lose as much as they can as quickly as they can. It's not about speed, it's about distance. Keep up the good work! Now have a great holiday weekend:)
  • missdune
    missdune Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love your post!! Wow! You have done an amazing job. Your pictures speak volumes! Good for you!!!!!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And you are not alone...I bawled like a baby :sad: out of sheer happiness when I realized I was 1 pound away from losing 20 pounds and that I actually could reach 30 pounds lost.

Cheers to you! :cry: <---tears of happiness
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Congratulations!! I LOVE the picture of "how you used to where them"! I saw the picture before I read the message and was a bit confused. I love this site too! It almost feels too easy that I am losing 1 lb / week. Once in a while (like right now) I go through a week or two where I don't lose, initially I'm upset but it doesn't usually last. When it happens I start trying on clothes, those that I bought in November that are WAY to big, and those that I haven't worn in years that look awesome! I feel amazing... and I'm glad you do too!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Mama Lucien! That is fantastic! Soooo happy for you. We started at about the same weight and I've lost quite a bit since January with running as one of my exercise choices. 5Ks in April and May and a 10k scheduled for August.

I just had to buy jeans a few sizes smaller. It's a GREAT feeling so I know the "are you ****ting me??" feeling. It's awesome! WOOHOO!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow....all your hard work is paying off.....awesome job!!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story ;)
    Have a great wkend :flowerforyou:
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    That is amazing!! It brought tears to my eyes reading your journey, thank-you for sharing....:flowerforyou:
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! What a great feeling on a Friday :happy: Please post a picture when you're so tiny you can fit you and that little one in the second picture into the pants with you... I did that this weekend but didn't get a picture. HILARIOUS and super inspiring, so hold onto those pants if ONLY for that!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!