Hmm... Slightly concerned.

Options
Yesterday and today I am not hungry.
OK, Let me explain that.
I mean I am not HUNGRY! Really Really NOT HUNGRY FOR ANYTHING!
I thought yesterday I might be coming down with something because the thought of eating made me want to gag. So I thought. Hmm, Flu...and shrugged it off.
But I did not get SICK. I went about my day and did not eat... OK I ate but it was VERY VERY LITTLE.
Needless to say when I did a tally at the end of the day I had only eaten 530 calories.
NOW for one day, I was not worried.
But I am having the same thing today. I am not hungry. I do not want to eat, I have ne desire to eat. I am not hungry plain and simple.
I thought today that maybe it was somthing I ate so I drank more water NOPE still not hunry.
I HAVE made an appointment to see the Dr. But he can not see me until Tuesday. Umm, If I only eat 500 calories a DAY, I fear I WILL BE SICK! by Tuesday.
Anyone else have this issue?
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today I am not hungry.
    OK, Let me explain that.
    I mean I am not HUNGRY! Really Really NOT HUNGRY FOR ANYTHING!
    I thought yesterday I might be coming down with something because the thought of eating made me want to gag. So I thought. Hmm, Flu...and shrugged it off.
    But I did not get SICK. I went about my day and did not eat... OK I ate but it was VERY VERY LITTLE.
    Needless to say when I did a tally at the end of the day I had only eaten 530 calories.
    NOW for one day, I was not worried.
    But I am having the same thing today. I am not hungry. I do not want to eat, I have ne desire to eat. I am not hungry plain and simple.
    I thought today that maybe it was somthing I ate so I drank more water NOPE still not hunry.
    I HAVE made an appointment to see the Dr. But he can not see me until Tuesday. Umm, If I only eat 500 calories a DAY, I fear I WILL BE SICK! by Tuesday.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    --Diann...
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been doing kind of the same thing--I just seem to forget to eat somedays and don't notice when I get busy.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If your body is in starvation mode, then it is possible this is the cause. After a while, you lose your hunger.
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    But I am not BUSY, If I where busy I could understand. If I where stressed I would understand.
    But I am not HUNGRY. :huh:
    It is not that I am forgetting to eat. It is that I do not have the desire to eat. ANYTHING!
    At lunch today I had to basicly force feed myself applesauce. APPLESAUCE! :huh: and even at THAT I wanted to gag.
    I normally have the problem or STAYING within my 1200 cals for the day. So I am not NORMALLY in starvation mode.
    Last night I just sat there and LOOKED at dinner. (Very small pork chop with steamed veggies.)
    It is NORMALLY one of my FAVORITES but I could not EAT IT! It would have been like looking at a brick and thinking to yourself... OK What do I do with THIS?
    --Diann...
  • georgiaj
    Options
    I used to do that when I was younger and had eating problems, after awhile I was never hungry and only ate maybe once a day..if you've been eating little for a long time your stomach may have shrunken?
  • lumusrenee
    Options
    Strangely, when I exercise alot (burning 700+ calories a day) I lose my appetite...I have to force myself to eat 1200 calories and I usually come in under but the good news is that during my boot camp class, I met a handful of women that had the same thing happen....our personal trainers said "it can happen when your body is adjusting to something new"...and my appetite always comes back.
    I'm a firm believer that your body tells you exactly what it needs and doesn't need, you just have to listen. But I've had my share of physical ailments so a doctors opinion is always a good idea.
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    I did consider that. But it was an over night thing. Tuesday I was eating normally. I was even 100 OVER my 1200 mark. I considered that OK.
    Then I woke up Wednesady morning and did not want to eat breakfast.
    I had a hard boiled egg without the yellow. One that is all I could eat.
    No snacks and lunch I ate an apple.
    As I said, I thought this might be the flu because the thought of eating make me want to gag.
    I think I ate ONE piece of broc for dinner last night.
    Now let me restate that I NORMALLY HAVE TROUBLE STAYING IN THE 1200 cals for the day I ALWAYS GO OVER!
    and to have this change OVERNIGHT??:noway: This is WHY I am concerned and trying HARD to get into see the Dr.
    --Diann...