low cal healthy salad dressing?

Options
i usually use extra virgin olive oil and maybe some balsamic vingear over spinach or organic spring mix. the calorie counter jumps due to the evoo. any suggestions for lowest cal healthy dressing combos (fresh not bottled)? should i ditch the olive oil dr. oz loves it, etc thx

Replies

• Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy adding just fresh squeezed limes on my salad......I don care for lemon though :-)
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    Lonzerottis Fat Free dressing. 45 cals for 2tbsp and I find it to be plenty and sweet!
  • annadilynn
    annadilynn Posts: 84
    Options
    I use hidden valley ranch fat free...its low cal..30 for 2tblspoons...i only use one tablespoon and i water it down so it doesnt glop and it coats all the salad...
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Wishbone Light Italian Dressing tastes good and is low in cals...:happy:
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I like to splash a bit of Rice Wine Vinegar on my salad.
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    I use Ken's Lite Northern Italian with Basil and Romano. It has 50 calories for 2 tbsp with only 1 gram of sugar. I'm a big fan. :)
  • nursecourtney512
    Options
    I've used fresh squeezed lemon juice + salt & pepper and/or Mrs Dash original seasoning as a salad dressing since I was a little girl. Tastes delicious to me & virutally no calories. If you like lemon, I definitely recommend trying it!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I like just adding malt vinegar
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I like a fresh lemon or lime on my spinach salad.
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they make a couple of yummy low cal dressings. Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette and Fat Free Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette. They are both 25 calories for two tablespoons and actually taste really good. I usually hate fat free dressings but these are delicious.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I don't know how low-cal it is, but I do think it's healthy. I mix together some extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil, cider vinegar, fresh chopped garlic, and a bit of honey. Shake it up and pour it on. Delicious!
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Calorie Free salad dressing: http://waldenfarms.com/products/dressings.html