Family Reunion

Options
I'm going to my family reunion tomorrow and there's going to be so much food and bbq too! I'm thinking that I need to bring me some fruit to snack on and some water to fill my belly. We are all asked to bring a side dish or a dessert so I think that I will bring a salad and a dessert, any suggestions on the dessert? Any words of wisdom or suggestions for making it through the day without ruining the whole week would be great too! :smile:

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello w/fruit or a sugar free pudding w/light or fat free whipped topping??????

What you have just remember portion size and log it all in! Drink lots of water too!

Have fun and good luck!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my family reunion tomorrow and there's going to be so much food and bbq too! I'm thinking that I need to bring me some fruit to snack on and some water to fill my belly. We are all asked to bring a side dish or a dessert so I think that I will bring a salad and a dessert, any suggestions on the dessert? Any words of wisdom or suggestions for making it through the day without ruining the whole week would be great too! :smile:
    I am going to a family reunion tomorrow as well.
  • Terry5902
    Terry5902 Posts: 7
    Options
    You just have to be strong and resist the temptation to overeat. Like some one said remember to eat smaller portion. Good luck and let us know how it turns out because I have 2 family reunions coming up in June.:heart:
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Can you eat before you go? That way you won't be hungry to eat as soon as you get there. And for your side bring a vegetable tray. Munch on carrots and other veggies when you get tempted to eat. If you're full of veggies and water it's a lot less tempting to eat the other stuff.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you may want to get ready to be asked why you're not eating since family gatherings are usually a time to eat a large meal. Secondly, you're right in taking water, especially if you're outside and it's hot you need more to drink *and also like you said to fill up on*. I think it's best to take a dish that you're confident in eating. What about a nice summer tomato salad (sweet tomatoes, basalmic vinegar, evoo, basil leaves and salt/pepper) it won't go limpy out in warm weather...lol! Hope you enjoy tomorrow, just remember you're there to see them :)
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying...Eating before I go is def something that I want to do as well. I would like to go AFTER lunch but my mom can't wait to go so we will be there for lunch. We will be outside so water is a must!!! I think that I will bring a veggie tray too! Thanks!
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I did great! My cousin who is also eating healthy brought some food and I drank LOTS of water!!! I looked and people ate my fat free brownies. I was thinking to mysefl, ha ha, you ate fat free brownies and you didn't even know it!!!!