How many carrots is "3oz"?

Options
Im not too good at that. Baby carrots. Says serving is 3oz. How many carrots would that be?

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    approx 5
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    a medium sized handful or a little less.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    when I weight 3 oz of baby carrots on my digital scale it ends up being approx 13-15 baby carrots.
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Carrots
    •½ cup chopped raw carrot: 4 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 26 calories
    •1 medium baby carrot (about 3 per oz): 1 gram effective (net) carbohydrate and 4 calories
    •2 oz (56 grams) raw baby carrots: 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 20 calories
    •½ cup cooked sliced carrots: 4 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 27 calories
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/carbcounts/a/carrots.htm
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's why i luuuuuuv my food scale! I'm not good at that either.
  • Tex1952
    Tex1952 Posts: 1
    Options
    3 oz of mini or baby carrots is about 1/2 cup and should be around 35 calories
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    when I weight 3 oz of baby carrots on my digital scale it ends up being approx 13-15 baby carrots.

I was thinking the same thing...but also read that its 10-11, kinda confusing I guess :/
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    About a handful, fortunately carrots are pretty low cal so an error won't destroy your efforts as much as some other foods would.
    But really, nothing can substitute for actually weighing things, even if only once.
    It's pointless logging food if the quantities are all over the place.

I know this from experience, I'm USELESS at guesstimating quantities.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I eat the baby carrots and measure them on a food scale. I highly recommend getting a food scale. You can find a cheap one at any grocery store and some more expensive at Bed Bath Beyond etc...
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I remember reading on something that 3oz of baby carrots is about 14 carrots.
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes those baby carrots are really tiny and sometimes they are so fat.... All in all you can not go to wrong if you overeat a few... it might be 5 or 10 extra calories. Not a day breaker and at least you are eating well. You could also see if the package has the weight and divide it up... if it is a 1 pound pack, that would be about 5 servings at 3 oz.... and a few extra carrots.:happy:
  • desoray08
    desoray08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tried to figure this out . I need a scale! Great reviews on the ones sold on amazon!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    This. Food scales are pretty inexpensive. I got mine at Walmart for $18 and its digital. Nice taking the guess work out of what I am eating.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Two if they fit
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It's more accurate to measure the length and diameter
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I just checked. 17