Difference in clothes, not on scale?

Options
Does anyone else ever have this problem? And what causes it? I have been the same weight, all day, every day, even after meals for the last 3 days, but my clothes all fit looser, and I feel great! What is going on?! It's very frustrating lol

Replies

• BrieGoorts
    BrieGoorts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You could be losing inches, but weight remaining the same. So your measurements in your waist, hips etc are getting smaller.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    you're building muscle & trimming fat! keep it up and keep working on it & the scale will follow also!
  • Lovelaflivenow
    Lovelaflivenow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That seems to happen to me a lot. Sometimes it's the opposite. Give it another week and you'll probably see it. I never weigh in more than once a week, it helps me not get too caught up on the 'numbers'.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    i think i'm in my 6th week of no change on the scales...have lost 5 inches round my stomach so wasn't too bothered at first but now i am getting a tad p'd off...3 days is nothing, believe me
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I actually gained 4 lbs when I weighed myself 2 days ago, but my clothes are all fitting more loosely and I can fit into my fiance's shirts again. No worries, when I weighed myself today, I lost a net total of 7, including what I'd gained. It will only be a matter of time before the scale catches up for you too!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am failing to see why this is frustrating you. What if the opposite happened - clothes fit tighter, you're getting fatter, but the scale shows a smaller number. Would that be less frustrating? Who cares what your scale says if you're making progress.
  • ReneeN1011
    ReneeN1011 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad you've all had similar experiences. I do tend to weigh myself wayy too often. Probably 2-3 times a day. I'll check my measurements and see what that says. :)
  • ReneeN1011
    ReneeN1011 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am failing to see why this is frustrating you. What if the opposite happened - clothes fit tighter, you're getting fatter, but the scale shows a smaller number. Would that be less frustrating? Who cares what your scale says if you're making progress.

It's frustrating to me because even though I can feel a difference, it won't actually feel "real," unless I see the numbers on the scale going down. Not sure if this makes sense to you, I know it is a little weird, just the way my mind works I guess.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    That's not frustrating, that's a victory! Shrinking is the goal. Not "weighing less." Weighing less is probably inevitable. Isn't what we want is to be smaller tomorrow than we are today? If that's happening, does it matter that the scale shows the same number?
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

It's frustrating to me because even though I can feel a difference, it won't actually feel "real," unless I see the numbers on the scale going down. Not sure if this makes sense to you, I know it is a little weird, just the way my mind works I guess.

It's real, yo!