Surgery

Options
So i have hernia surgery next week and wont be doing much of anything for the first week as i recover. Do i need to adjust down my calories for the week as i am recovering or just stick to my normal calorie in take set by the site?

8 weeks in. going well:)

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Maybe change your activity to sedentary just for the week, so you can see how many calories you should be eating. Then when you're up and about and doing your normal stuff, change it back to whatever it was.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Calculate your BMR and try to stay around that. Your BMR is basically the calories your body burns to function if you are just laying in bed all day (coma calories). If you are moving around after the surgery you can probably go up to sedentary level of calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd switch to maintenance calories for the week while you're recovering. Give your body what it needs to heal, and forget about losing weight.

In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter if you hit your goal one week later?
  • WitherAway
    WitherAway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Make sure you"re taking in adequate protein to promote good healing!!!
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I updated my profile so ill get 1820 a day starting the day of the surgery vs 1540 as when i am fully active. I'm use to much less so i should be fine with that. Thanks all for the help. I cant wait to be healed up and allowed to do stuff again. Not feeling good sucks and i so miss running/working out.

Bring on the boredom. :( I can only watch so much tv.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Pretty excited, had surgery on Tuesday and i checked this morning and i haven't gained any weight!. my goal for this week is to lose a pound now. I'm still sore but its getting better each day.